Some tasks are shown with color box (Project) and some don't

Important note: To help us resolve your issue as quickly as possible, please ensure to fill out all the sections below. Do not share any private information such as email addresses or phone numbers - This is a public Forum!

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the bug you’re experiencing:
I have 2 sections in my Project. I color coded them with custom fields. In calendar view they are correctly color coded, but only tasks from 1 section (grey) also get a small colored box that signifies the name of the whole Project (“Art Projects”). I’d rather not have that box at all, since this is the “Art Projects” calendar view and this info is redundant and distracting, but at least it could be the same for all tasks! Why some section tasks have, and others don’t, it’s really weird.

Steps to reproduce: I have 2 sections in my Project. I color coded them with custom fields. In calendar view they are correctly color coded, but only tasks from 1 section (grey) also get a small colored box that signifies the name of the whole Project (“Art Projects”).

Browser version: Google Chrome Version 122.0.6261.129

What version of Asana are you using (Personal, Starter, Advanced, Enterprise, Enterprise+, Premium, Business or legacy Enterprise)?
Premium

Upload screenshots below:

1 Like

Hi @V1113, welcome to our Community Forum. It seems that the color coding is working as expected, but you can select how you will color code your calendar, choosing Asana Default , which pulls from other colors you have set in Asana, or you can set your color logic based on custom fields.

You can find more information here. If you still feel this is a bug, let us know and we can investigate further

Thank you for the reply. If it works as intended, why only one section (grey) tasks have color box with Project name, and other sections (purple) tasks don’t have that? They are all in the same project. What is the logic behind it?

Is the purple task a subtask? Subtasks are not added to the project by default.

Nope, it’s a normal task. Subtasks are not even visible in the Calendar like tasks (correct me if I’m wrong, maybe I missed something). Which is a huge downside.

But I’ve figured it out: the purple box doesn’t show on purple tasks simply because they are both same color, even though it’s two separate things these purples represent (one is a custom field and another is project’s name). This is so confusing.

And I still not understand, why the project color box appears at all, if I’m in the project’s calendar, it is obvious that ALL the tasks in this calendar are the same project. Is this intentional?

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.