Tasks in Calendar don't inherit the color of the project

Hi! I’m managing several projects at the same time, so when in Calendar view several tasks from different projects will appear on same days. They all appear in white (no color) and it’s very diffcult to know which one belongs to which project. From some tutorial I’ve seen there is a way to make each task inherit the color of its project. The color is set to “asana default”.

Thanks in advance for your help! :slightly_smiling_face:

ale

Hi there! Are you sure you are not looking within a specific project rather than “My Tasks”? I believe that by default all tasks in “My Tasks” calendar view will automatically be the color of the project they are apart of. As long as you give the project a color (not white) then the tasks should show up as colored in your My Tasks calendar. If you are in a specific project, the tasks will turn the color of whatever custom field/tag is applied to the task (if you have Asana Default selected for the color).

1 Like

I’m having the same issue as @AleZio. I have colors set for all my projects but the colors are only showing on the My Tasks Calendar view for some of them, not all. Do you know how to make this happen with all projects?

2 Likes

Indeed, I was actually looking within a specific project and not under “My Tasks”… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Thanks so much @anon579376 :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Happy to help @AleZio! It happens :blush:

1 Like

Came here for help on this very subject. Unfortunately some of the tasks on my task calendar stay white, not just on the project calendar. The only time they show color is if they are assigned to more than one project.

Is there a way to have them take on the color of the single project they are assigned to?

Thanks!

I am also having a similar issue - some tasks within the ‘calendar view’ of ‘my tasks’ are showing with the project colour and others are showing with the tag colour?

Hi there! I’m also having a similar issue: If I have 1 task that belongs to 2 projects (let alone 3), all projects different colors, the task color seems to be chosen practically at random when the task is featured in the calendar. I thought whatever project is listed first in the task’s project list should take precedence, but that’s not working. It’s not being chosen based on list placement within the task nor is it being chosen alphabetically, so I’m not sure what to do in order to ensure the color we need to show is being shown, without losing the ability to have a task in multiple projects.

1 Like