Simple and free tracking report

Im not using Asana for anything complicated. Its just me and my spouse tracking household tasks.

Is it possible to get a simple tracking report that shows tasks completed per day per person?

We dont need anything fancy. Most of the tools I see are paid and quite overkill for what I need.

1 Like

Hi @Derek_Thomas1, welcome to the Asana Community Forum!

If you have the basic version of Asana, you can export your project to CSV and convert it to excel. The file will include all tasks in your project including its completion dates and assignees so you can filter to create your reports.

Alternatively, if you decide to upgrade to Premium, you can use our Advanced Search feature to create reports in Asana.

@Derek_Thomas1,

You might find the free-to-most Asana2Go helpful for what you’re describing (disclaimer: I’m the creator).

Here’s an overview:

There are around 20 standard reports available, but you might find this one particularly helpful to sort on completion date, etc.:

Larry

2 Likes

Thank you so much for responding. I checked your extension out and I love how it runs locally.

I probably didnt do a good job of explaining my usecase. Instead of “report” I should have said “chart”. I just want to see a chart that shows number of tasks completed each day.

Is this possible with your extension?

1 Like

Thanks, @Derek_Thomas1, for the nice comment.

With a custom report this would be possible, like showing a bar chart:

9/1 :black_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
9/3 :black_large_square::black_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
9/4 :black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:

But this would take a custom report requiring some HTML/A2G knowledge, or cost to create. I’m not sure if there are any free reporting tools that could handle this.

Thanks,

Larry

1 Like