Show subtasks in Calendar

In order to correctly plan long term tasks, and ensure your team are not overworked, it is useful to see all tasks - including subtasks - in the Calendar. This is currently not possible.

Please add an option to show all subtasks in the Calendar.

3 Likes

Hey @Adam_Fowler,

Thanks for the feedback. Definitely understand the frustration here.

Though not obvious, it is possible to view subtasks in a calendar view. You’ll need to do this through advanced search, though.

Click into the search bar > select advanced search > type in the name of your project > click add filter > select subtasks > search > favorite and rename the search so that it appears in your left hand sidebar.

Hope this helps!

3 Likes

Hi there, is there any update on that front? Thanks.

Agreed! This would add a level of transparency that would make our process so much smoother. It would also make the tool more robust to use. Will a subtask calendar function be available anytime soon?

Any updates on the issue?
In particular, it would be useful to visualize the subtasks in the timeline in order to link the dependencies (as it is for the tasks).
Thanks!

Thanks Nicola, I followed your advice, and I am just stuck at the point of trying to favorite a search… how do I do that? Hope you can help

OK, I have worked it out I think. I think Asana uses “reports” now. So I save the search as a report… and the reports are listed in the sidebar

If I pull a report of all tasks assigned to my team this comes with a Calendar view that shows all the subtasks. Why is this not available in a regular project? Subtasks should show in the calendar regardless if it’s a report pulled or from the project calendar.

So turns out the Subtasks don’t automatically show up on the Calendar view because they still have to be added to the Project. If you go within the Subtask, give it an Assignee, Date and Tab+P to add to the project and it will show up on the Calendar View and in line with the other tasks (while still remaining a subtask). Hope this helps!

This is somewhat useful, but it is still frustrating that I can’t use the custom search view to fully manage the calendar. You can’t add new tasks without going back to the regular calendar view which hides the subtasks.

Is Asana working on an option to “see all subtasks” in the calendar view? I feel like this is an important feature.