Show project on subtask in 'My tasks' view

Having Same issue here. @Tara_Ciprick_Asana @Sean_Asana. Any advice on how to move/keep the subtasks out of “no project” and in correct project?

Not sure why I’ve been tagged?

Perhaps the wrong Tara Ciprick? (Although if there is another on here I’d love to meet her :slight_smile: )

Having to assign every sub-tasks to a project is painful.
Please default sub-tasks to the parent task project or make it an option.

4 Likes

I have the same problem: This is important for my team – we have many projects created from the same template, with subtasks. Having the same “send reminder” subtask show up seventeen times in a row under “No Project” or under “invoice” is super un-helpful! What I need is to see that Projects A and D have the “invoice: send reminder” subtask due!

Please turn off this error

3 Likes

I completely agree! It only makes sense that the subtasks are inherently part of the parent project. PLEASE UPDATE THIS ASANA! I would be forever grateful if I didn’t have a file of “No Project” Tasks in my to-do list.

3 Likes

Any update here? This appears to be closely related to this suggestion: Allow to automatically add subtasks to project – originally submitted in May 2017.

Thank you.

The My Tasks list does not work if the tasks it lists are meaningless. Because multiple projects can have subtasks with the same name, failing to tag them with the project stops My Tasks from being useful. Manually tagging every subtask to the the project is the only workaround.

This issue has remained a problem since August 2017.

2 Likes

When I look at my task list, sub-tasks get lumped together as having no project, when sorting by project. At least for that view, I think that sub-tasks should inherit the project of the parent task.

It would greatly assist me in my workflow, which sometimes has many non-project tasks having spuriously-grouped sub-tasks among them.

Would you be willing to make such a change, Asana team?

Thanks for considering this!

Hi @Eric_Frontier and thanks for sharing your feedback with us! This is a popular feedback in the Forum and something our team is planning to tackle within the next couple of months. I’ll keep you posted as soon as I have an update on my end!

5 Likes

Glad to see there may be some action on this. Just starting to feel the pain of this as using Subtasks more and when view My Tasks by project which is a popular these are not show with their parent task’s project.

any update on this?

Now that sub-tasks are easier to use, we’re using them like crazy! (Kudos there). But as it stands now, subtasks currently do not show the project ‘bubble’ (colored oval) to the far right on the Tasks screen. This is extremely helpful to quickly see what project is attached to what. Would love for subtasks to show in the same way what ‘project’ they are a part of,

!

4 Likes

Welcome to the Forum @Joshua_Phelps and thank you sharing your feedback with us!

I’m merging your post with an existing thread we have in the Forum to consolidate feedback and votes. I hope it’s OK!

Have a great day!

When viewing “My Tasks,” there’s a breakdown by project, but only tasks appear under a project. Sub-tasks of those tasks are under “No Project.” This makes no sense as they are most certainly part of the same project their parent task is.

My team uses projects with a list of umbrella tasks and assigns sub tasks under these to our team members. But when a team member looks at their “My Tasks” list, they have no way to tell what projects the sub-tasks are for unless they click and open every single one. Project names should be associated with and appear next to ALL tasks and sub-tasks underneath them, not just the top level tasks.

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us @RichardR. I totally hear you!

This is a very popular request in the Forum and definitely something on our radar for future improvements. Unfortunately I don’t have an update to share at the moment but I’ll make sure to keep you posted as soon as have more details about it!

I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with the main thread to avoid duplications. I hope it’s OK.

Have a great day Richard!

1 Like

This is a serious bug that affects usability, and I can’t imagine it’s a difficult fix. Yet it’s been on the radar for over two years??

1 Like

We aren’t allowed to add two people in one task. Altho I understand the reasoning, leaving it up to us who should report on the task would make it much more flexible and friendly.

Could we at least see the project dependency in “my task” so we know what the task if for?

Thx!

Hello!

Presently, when I am reviewing my day’s to-do list on My Tasks > List Mode, I am able to see what Tasks are assigned to Projects…but not Subtasks. At the moment, most of my list isn’t color coordinated (and with several of the same subtasks for different projects, it’s hard to see what project I need to work on.)

Any hope to add this into a future update?

Thanks all!

Hi!
I love the My Tasks view, but find it odd that in the filter-by-project view, subtasks to any tasks in a project show under “No Project”. They should show under their project they are a part of.

There should also be an option to filter by:
Projects

• Subtasks only

This is really annoying. I use subtasks A LOT, and when I check my Projects in My Task list, most of my work is listed under NO PROJECTS. This is not helpful at all. Any plans to tweak this so it actually works?

thanks

5 Likes