Sharing Timeline With Customer but in Read Only Mode

Hello. My Team and I are looking for ways to easily share a timeline/gantt chart (read only) with a customer. We do not want them to be able to adjust tasks or create their own. We also do not want them to be able to see certain metrics (actual hours, etc.) We have reviewed the guest account feature but this gives them the ability to edit the timeline. We have also considered Instagantt but would rather limit costs. If anyone has different suggestions please let me know.

Thank you!
Evan

1 Like

Hi @Evan_DeChambeau

If you have Premium subscription you will be able to make users read only. Have a look at this guide article for more info.

Hope this helps.

Jason.

2 Likes

Thanks, Jason. I may be speaking for Evan here as well, but in my case, we only want the client to see the timeline in read-only mode. We do not want them to see all the tasks and their internal comments/attachments/conversations etc. Is there a way to do this?

3 Likes

We’re also looking for only the timeline function to be visible (and read only) to the client.
We are happy to invite the client to the project, but would only want them to be able to view (read only) the timeline, and not see the tasks, board, or list view.
I know Monday.com has this functionality, and the ability to download as a gantt chart, but overall we prefer Asana, Just wish we had this read only timeline function.

3 Likes

Is anyone aware of a solution to this just yet? I was hoping to be able to share the link to the timeline, just as we do with the Project Overview but that didn’t work.

1 Like

We’re also looking for a solution to show clients timelines and how they are progressing!

Agree with the sentiment here. It would be great to have the option to share a read-only URL of a timeline to high level stakeholders. Airtable and Teamgantt has this feature - it’s simple and very useful when you don’t 1) want to burden clients with the extra step of having to join a project through email 2) do not want to grant comment access. Thanks!

3 Likes

is there anywhere to vote on this feature?

1 Like

Hah I just sent an email to support asking about this before I found this thread.

What have you guys been using instead?

Hi everyone, I’m glad to share that we are rolling out a new feature that allows you to share your project Timeline with a read-only link! See more details in the announcement below:

1 Like