Setting up Asana for construction

Welcome, @anon23072074,

One simplification I use with clients is to treat a lead (or equivalent potential for something) as a task not a project. So you could have a task template with subtasks instead of a project with tasks. That will eliminate many projects and a portfolio. (The portfolio replacement should be handled with different views in the same single leads project of tasks, an maybe with different custom fields if needed.

It’s not until that lead becomes a full-fledged thing that it should need a project. You can convert a task into a project, from a project template, (that can even be done with a rule when trigged by a section change or phase/status custom field change. The lead task can be reopened and multi-homed into the new project to persist the history there.

More generally, I did a workshop, with the Asana Education team collaborating, that may help you with useful, yet generic, workflow guidance:

Beyond that, it’s through consulting engagements that I can deliver greater value with the ability to collaborate with clients to really understand their processes and interactively explore the ways map Asana to them to deliver the greatest value.

Thanks,

Larry

2 Likes