Set up recurring automated messages

Is there a way to set up a weekly recurring automated message to my project member every week as a reminder instead of having to manually type and send a message every week?

Hi,

I believe using Zapier could be the way to go, with a scheduler trigger. But Messages aren’t available in Zapier (The Asana automation bible: all the triggers and actions from Asana, Zapier, Flowsana, Make.com) so maybe an assigned task? Or a comment on an existing task with everyone as a collaborator?

1 Like

Hi @India_Jones, thanks for reaching out! Adding to what Bastien mentioned, if you need to comment on a specific task to remind them, you can also set a Rule in your project to automatically add a comment to the tasks when a specific date or time is approaching. This is a new feature, you can see more details here: New triggers for Rules: “Due date is approaching” and “Task is Overdue”

2 Likes

Hello @India_Jones :wave:

It looks like @Bastien_Siebman and @Emily_Roman have you covered for your specific question but Asana has a built-in feature that is somewhat related but with Projects. If you are having your team members providing weekly status updates on their projects, there is a option in the top right corner on the status update screen to “Remind me to update every Friday” and it looks like this:

Turning this on will have Asana automatically generate a task every Friday to update the status of that Project and assign it to the Project owner. I realize this doesn’t exactly apply to your question but I wanted to make you aware of the just in case it make using projects more useful for you and your team!

Cheers!
Matt

Thank you to everyone for their input. I truly appreciate everyones feedback.

1 Like