Set due date in Teams appears wrong in Asana

Hi,
I am new to the community and take the opportunity to greet and raise a problem:
I have connected ASANA with Microsoft Teams withpout problem.
When I received the notification in Teams i can do:

• View in Asana
  • Set due date
  • Completed
    If I set due date, i can choose the date but in Asana I view the due date one day before, i mean, if I press the due date button in Teams and select 02/08 I see in Asana 01/08 but if I change the due date in Asana i can see the same due date in Teams.
    I do not know if it is normal or there is an error with the integration.
    Could someone help me?
    Thanks in advance

@Jorge_Ruiz_Lafuente one suggestion is to check the timezone and location settings in both the browser and teams app to make sure they are consistent…

Jason.

1 Like

Thks @Jason_Woods for your reply.
Both are in the same región (Spain) and location settings (Madrid), I have checked again.
Thank you!!!

1 Like

Hi @Jorge_Ruiz_Lafuente :wave:t3:

I’ve just gone ahead and filed a task for our Dev Team; I’ll keep you posted here as soon as I have an update or if we need additional information on your end to investigate! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @Marie

1 Like

Hi team - I’m using an Outlook Power Automate flow to add tasks from Outlook tasks to Asana, which works great other than that the due date in Asana is the day before the due date in Outlook (so in Asana my Today tasks end up as Yesterday tasks).

I see this was raised before: Set due date in Teams appears wrong in Asana and have checked the settings as suggested, any advice on how to fix this?

Welcome to the Asana Community Forum!

If you have checked the timezone in both apps and your PC and it matches one thing that might help is de-connecting and re-connecting.

Otherwise @Marie was there ever a solution/fix to this as per your message above?

Yes, this was fixed back in 2019 @Andrea_Mayer. @Joyce_Chia I’m not familiar with Outlook Power Automate flows, but I’d recommend checking your timezone in Outlook. Please note that VPNs can also cause this tye of issues!

1 Like

Thanks both. I’m pretty sure the Outlook time zone is correct, but it could be a VPN - I don’t think I had it turned on but will check and report back.

Joyce.

SOLVED - Power Automate issue

Just reporting back in case it helps others - in the end, it turned out to be a Power Automate rather than Asana issue. Power Automate by default returns the due date as UTC, rather than your local timezone. After some fiddling around, I changed the flow to add a day to the Due date (as I’m in Australia and I don’t set times for my tasks) by adding an expression to the Due Date field.

If it helps anyone, the expression I used was ‘ddDays(triggerBody()?[‘DueDateTime’]?[‘DateTime’], 1)’ in the Due Date field.

1 Like