Asana today date is actually showing as if it were tomorrow

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
When setting a task due date or looking at the calendar view, ‘today’ is actually Feb 3, not Feb 2.

Steps to reproduce:

Browser version:
Chrome 88.0.4324.104

Upload screenshots below:

1 Like

The actual date of ‘today’ is 2/2/2021. Asana is showing ‘today’ as 2/3/2021. Just clarifying. Wording looked bad as I reviewed it.

1 Like

Hi @Carol_Paasch, welcome to the Asana Community Forum!

Asana time zones are automatically set by your browser’s time zone. Is it possible that your browser settings show a different time zone than your computer time clock? I recommend you checking both time clocks and make sure are both in the same time zone.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

The time zone setting is not available to individual users, as this is my company’s laptop. This morning, ‘today’ was correct = Feb 3. After noon the ‘today’ = Feb 4. I am MST.

We are confirmed we are in the correct time zone for our location (Arizona, USA). However, the date changes to the next day in the afternoon of the current day. It shows tasks that are due today as late.

Thanks for confirming, @Carol_Paasch! In this case, I recommend you to contact our support team so they can investigate this further: How to contact our Support Team ✉. When you contact them, you can share the URL of this thread so you don’t need to repeat the information again :raised_hands:

I was able to figure this out. I hadn’t contacted Asana support yet. Even though my laptop date was set to the correct timezone as well as the Chrome browser timezone, Asana was showing the wrong timezone. I changed the timezone on my laptop to something farther into the future. It changed Asana correctly. I moved the timezone back to the correct timezone and now Asana is showing the right date.

I’m glad is solved, @Carol_Paasch! :raised_hands: thanks for sharing the solution you found with us! It will be really helpful for other customers that may experience this issue!