Server error 404 trying to download attachments

When trying to view or download attachments to a task all of our users are getting:

404 - File or directory not found.

The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

2 Likes

This is happening to our team as well. Were you able to find a solution?

No, not yet. You are the first to respond to my post. One thing to note is that we are having this issue mostly with our recurring maintenance tasks and the reports they generate that are attached to those tasks.

Did you find a solution? I have someone else experiencing this?

No solution and nothing from asana.

Which browser are you using?

Edge

OK, it is because of Edge. I have a client that had this same issue and Asana response is :

Hi Danielle,

Thank you so much for writing in and informing us of this issue. Jiin from the Support team here, I apologise for the inconvenience.

This is currently expected behaviour, however it has been reported to our Development team. We unfortunately do not have an ETA on when there might be changes on this, however, you will be notified as soon as we receive confirmation that it’s been changed.

In the meantime, the problem seems to be that MS Edge seems to be installed as your default browser, is that correct? There seems to be a compatibility issue here. In this case you can either:

Changing your default browser from MS Edge to Google Chrome or Firefox should already fix the problem.

or

2. You can disable the “Open Office files in browser” option. This should allow you to download files from the Asana desktop app into Edge.
*** To do this, open MS Edge → Click on the 3 dots in the top right corner → Settings → Turn on “Office Files***
*** open in browser”.***

Feel free to let me know if you have any additional questions or queries and I will be more than happy to assist you with them.
Best regards,
Jiin

Let me know if that helps you

1 Like

Did this fix it?

Waiting to hear back, let me know if you try it your side and if it works?

I can confirm that as of Jan 2024 I am hitting a server error 404 when downloading attachments from Asana tasks from the Microsoft Edge browser. I switched to Chrome and this appears to have resolved this particular instance, but I daily drive with Edge at work so would appreciate this bug being prioritized.