See More Link in a task

Hi there,

One thing I’ve noticed is that my colleagues often miss the “See More” link when the text in a reply on a task is too long. To make it more obvious, I run this bit off CSS in Asana via my browser debug tools.

See below what it does:

The CSS:

.truncatedRichText-expand { display: block; width: 100%; padding: 8px 0; text-align: center; color: #fff; background: #1aafd0; margin-top: 15px; border-radius: 3px; }

2 Likes

Cool creation, @Chris_Landman! Thanks for sharing. How has your team responded to this larger see more button?

You can publish your stylesheet at https://userstyles.org/ and mark that it applies to Asana.

Your colleagues would be able to install your Asana style improvement after they install Stylish Addon for Firefox or Chome.

1 Like

It’s a big improvement, people often don’t see the “See More” link. People often ask questions in an Asana task that have already been answered, the answer has been hidden by “See More” link. Now there’s less back and fourth. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Chris_Landman
I am just starting to play around with the different Userstyles, so this might be an easy question for you :slight_smile:
Is it also possible to define how much text is displayed before the “See more” button appears?

Especially in the Dashboard section it would be cool to change the amount of text displayed:

Best

1 Like

I’m not sure, but take a look at “Inspect Element” from Right-Button-Menu, if Asana developers left content there, and just cut it with CSS, you’ll be able to alter the threshold, but if not, the only way is to submit request to Asana developers.

Hey Sebastian, I’ll take a look into this first thing in the morning :slight_smile:

2 Likes