Section Dividers in Timeline

Hello, have a suggestion for you: The ability to create section dividers on the timeline. Nothing fancy, just click and add a vertical line, add some text to it. (Thinking for now I might just use a dummy task span to handle that.)

Splitting this out per the suggestion of @Bastien_Siebman. And I’d also tie this in with my other request: Timeline... but without dates

Thanks!

Hi @Christopher_Yi, thanks for creating this thread and sharing your feedback!

I see what you mean, it’s currently not possible to create sections directly from Timeline view and I think it’ll be a good feature our team can implement in the future. In order to add, remove, or reorder Sections in the Timeline, you need to do so from the project list or board view. Once you’ve made changes, your Timeline view will automatically update.

Thanks again for your feedback!

Ah actually I was thinking of something else - a way to add vertical line dividers to a timeline - they can mark key dates that don’t necessarily need a task (the conference date, PROD date for this other project), or demarcate project phases (from here to here is Planning, here to here is Design, Development, etc.) Though what you’re suggesting is a good idea too!

1 Like

Hi @Christopher_Yi, just a quick note to let you know we are rolling out an update that will allow you to add, rename, delete, rearrange and collapse Sections directly from Timeline!

If you don’t have access yet, don’t worry, it will be available to all customers soon! Let me know if you have any questions or feedback.

Screenshot 2020-09-03 at 11.36.03

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.