Second level of subtask indicator in Subtask

Hello there!

I am not currently able to see which subtasks have sub-subtasks connected to them, in my overall list view. Normally I can, and I need this aspect to be able to track elements as I create out of templates. Is there an update occurring, or is this a glitch? The sub-subtasks are still there, if I click to expand the subtask they are connected to I can scroll down and see them. But there is no indication on my main list screen to show that there are sub-subtasks connected to a subtask.

Thanks!

Hi @Jessica_Back :wave:t5:

I can confirm that this is the current expected behaviour. As it stands, the subtask count only considers the first level of subtask and these are the ones you are currently able to expand on your task list.

There is an existing thread regarding this topic so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with it to avoid duplications. Please don’t forget to upvote it!

Thank you for sharing your feedback Jessica! Have a great Monday!

Hi Natalia,

Is this a recent update, as in, in the last few days? Let’s see if I can clarify further:

I’m not talking about a drop down. I’m talking about sub-subtasks simply being indicated. This was available seemingly until this morning. I actually watched it disappear from one of my projects in real time. I thought maybe someone had deleted the sub-subtasks, but upon going to the subtask that the sub-subtasks are attached to, they are still there.

I’m trying to find out if this is part of an update within the system or if it’s a glitch.

Thank you for the clarification @Jessica_Back and sincere apologies for the confusion!

Would you mind sharing aa screenshot of what you are seeing now? It would be super helpful to understand what might be the issue.

Thank you Jessica! Looking forward to your reply!

Unfortunately I cannot show you what I mean by seeing sub- subtasks being indicated in the main screen, as it no longer is showing in my workspace this way. But let’s try this. You should see an indication of subtasks, then I circled where the indication for sub- subtasks used to be and indicated where they show up now (they showed up there before as well, but now that is the only place they show up):

2 Likes

@Natalia - I’ll be darned, @Jessica_Back is right. I am also seeing that there are no longer subtask indicators in the list view for subtasks below the first level of subtasks.

You can verify that they used to be there by looking at the screenshot that _Flo posted earlier above in this thread.

2 Likes

Thank you @Phil_Seeman and @Jessica_Back!

I’ve created a task internally to gather more information regarding this issue and I’ll come back to you as soon as I have an update!

1 Like

Happy Friday @Jessica_Back and @Phil_Seeman :wave:t5:

Great news here!! Our team has pushed a fixed for this issue and you should be able to see sub-subtask indicator again! :raised_hands:t5: :raised_hands:t5:

Thank you @Jessica_Back for reporting this and thank you @Phil_Seeman for your help! :grinning: