Search Function Lacking for the Mobile App

When using the web browser search function, I am able to input any key word that I know may be in the task I’m searching for and it will pop up.

Unfortunately, most of my team uses the Asana app and the search function only looks at key words in the title of the task instead of the title and the description.

It would be nice if they could have the same search capabilities as the web browser.

Yes I just realized this, big drawback - eager to know when you guys plan to add this functionality!

Totally agree! Search on iOS is useless when you don’t know tasks name

1 Like

I am unable to search the description field in the iOS client. It works on the desktop browser when I select “View All Results” but iOS app returns nothing.

I cannot use the browser on my iPhone because when I try to log into the web service, it just launches the mobile app after I press “Log in” without asking me for my userid/password.

Hi @Ed_Hansberry, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:t2:

In order to look into this a little further for you, could you please provide some more details on what you mean when you say you are unable to search the description field?

Looking forward to hearing back from you, Ed! :slight_smile:

On the IOS app:

1. go to the search icon
  2. type in your text
  3. Press the blue Search button

The search will return no results if the text being searched for is only found in the description field of a task. It works fine on the website on my PC. I type in the text, then press “View All Results with [search term]” - the task comes right up.

Thanks for getting back to me, @Ed_Hansberry! This is currently an expected behaviour. We do have an existing feedback thread for this feature to be updated in the Forum. I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with this existing thread to consolidate feedback :slight_smile:

I’ll let you know in the main thread if we have any updates! Hopefully this is something our Product team can implement in the future!

1 Like

Is there any update on this functionality? It is a huge roadblock as many of us work remotely and on the go, and need the ability to search more efficiently.

Any updates on this? Limitation to mobile search is a significant drawback.

1 Like