Make the task description field searchable. We store loads of information in that field

We have a lot of key information in those descriptions but they aren’t searchable.

5 Likes

Agreed, we would like to search in reports as well, add as a field to reports and to Progress as well. Lot of information written here for customers.

2 Likes

My team and I use Asana as our primary point of contact with all the work that we do together. The fear that we all have however is that we are going to lose something in the abyss of the subtasks or an orphaned task that contained important work/information about something we were working on. This fear originates from the fact that the search features on Asana are sub-optimal when it comes to looking for a task or something that was mentioned in the description of a task but you can’t quite recall the name of the task it is located in. If we could simply search asana for the keywords to the task or the information in the description of a task that we’re all looking for then our lives would be x1000 better and we would spend less time looking for information that we’ve lost due to the failures of human memory.

2 Likes

Oh and I forgot to mention that if these task descriptions are made searchable can we get some sort of search preview so that I know what the search engine has found that matches my search rather than a list of tasks that I have to click into.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback @Jake_Adams. We have an existing #productfeedback thread on this topic, so I’m merging your post with this existing thread to consolidate all feedback on this topic. I’ll keep you posted here once I have some update!

2 Likes

we will at times copy what is in the description field and paste it in a comment because comments are searchable. Makes no sense why the description field isn’t searchable. completely blows my mind how that could have been left out

3 Likes

Voting for this feature too. It’s hard to fit the keywords in the task description just to make that keyword searchable.

4 Likes