Search doesn't find text in URL

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the bug you’re experiencing:
Searching for “kickstarter” does not find task with “https://www.kickstarter.com/” in task name

What version of Asana are you using?
Advanced

Upload screenshots below:
asana 1

asana 2

Worse, Advanced Search doesn’t even find when searching “www.kickstarter” (that apparently only works in quick search):

Welcome, @Christian_Bailey,

Your OP seems like a bug (or unfortunate product change).

But I don’t believe your second post (about Advanced Search) is a bug. See this post, and the thread it links to:

Thanks,

Larry

1 Like

Thanks for your reply, it does answer my follow-up post about Advanced Search. But not my original post which is about Basic Search. In the post you linked, you wrote:

Basic search (immediate popup results via autocomplete)

Supports a partial-word search
Searches on title only; will not search across every item’s text fields (including names, descriptions, and comments)
  • In the first screenshot, I using basic search and, as the screenshot shows, partial-word is not finding
  • The text is in the title
1 Like

You’re right, @Christian_Bailey; sorry for missing that.

I’ve updated my earlier post to clarify about the OP being a bug (or possible feature change), and the second post not being a bug.

Thanks,

Larry

Hi @Christian_Bailey, thanks for reporting this issue and apologies for the delay here! I’m afraid I wasn’t able to reproduce the second issue you are reporting, I recommend you to contact our support team so we can investigate the issue and try to solve it asap: How to contact our Support Team ✉

Let me know if you have any other questions!

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.