Salesforce Integration

We currently use Salesforce and Asana to combine our sales and programming work and I would like to learn on how we can do it more efficiently. A lot of our integration of tasks and projects are being done manually and would like to know if there is any way to automate that. Most importantly, a lot of the updates we make in Salesforce do not show up in Asana and has to be done manually and updates we make in Asana has to be updated in Salesforce manually which is time consuming. I would love to learn on how we can automate this process so when we make an update in Salesforce opportunity it shows up in the particular Asana task that is associated with and vice versa.

1 Like

Welcome to the Forum @Tyo and thank you for reaching out!

Just in case you havenā€™t seen it, there is an article in our guide regarding this integration: Asana for Salesforce | Product Guide ā€¢ Asana Product Guide. You might also be interested in the following article: Asana for Salesforce integration user manual

I hope it helps!

1 Like

I will take a look in to it! Thank you so much!

Hi @Tyo,

Is this still something you need help with? Iā€™ve been digging into this connector a bit for both myself and a couple of clients. From your basic request above - I think the out of the box connector Asana has built will get you 99% of what youā€™re looking for most likely.

If you need to customize the project/task creation workflow thatā€™s where it can get a bit more complex with Salesforce Flow builder - but still not too difficult.

Did you end up using the API integration that was suggested?

Does anyone know of more documentation on passing info into the ā€˜rich previewā€™ field using Salesforce flow?

Hello, Natalia
Thank you so much it helped me a lot.

Regards,
Srija,
Salesforce Developer.

Hi Daniel,
Do you know if it is possible to add additional objects to an automatically created Asana task. Right now it is only copying over the Opportunity Name but weā€™d like to automatically copy more information.
Thanks for your help!

Hi Sam,

Which Objects are you trying to send information from? Is it Opportunity Products? Iā€™d need to double-check but one thought I have is looping through those child records and creating tasks within the project for them. You may have to customize the flow a bit to store the AsanaProjectId before running the second portion of automation but that is just a thought. If you give me more information on the exact use-case I may be able to come up with something more concrete for you to try.

Hi Daniel,

Hereā€™s what we are trying to do.
When Salesforce Opportunity = ā€œspecific stageā€ ā†’ Automatically create Asana task in Project.
We would like to copy over additional information to Asana that are fields on the opportunity:

ā€œOpportunity Nameā€ (right now this duplicates donā€™t know why)
ā€œOwnerā€
ā€œDue Dateā€
ā€œNotesā€
We would also like to add it to a specific column in the Asana Project (not the first one on the left as it defaults to)

Not sure if any of this is possible or if we need an outside tool to accomplish this level of integration.

Let me know if this makes sense. We have an initial Process built out in the Process Builder, but it is only copying the title as a new task in the Asana Project

Would love to hear any thoughts you have! Thank you!

Hi Sam,

Check this out from Asana on how to customize rich previews (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1O71zc8qjJw2vdqJf-B61EtlZ4BKijScMWspg9sfVTH4/edit#heading=h.9pvk7xipyhd9).

For the specific column in the Asana project, iā€™d use an Asana automation rule for that.

Can you create multiple Rich Preview layouts for different types of Asana task templates?

Hi there :blush:
Is there an option of Salesforce integration for Premium Asana account?

Hello @Hannah_Lee and welcome to the Asana Community ForumšŸ‘‹

The salesforce integration is available for business and enterprise customers.