Right Click to Copy Task name

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing: I used to be able to right click on task and copy just the task name. I noticed I can’t do this anymore.

Steps to reproduce: Click task. Right Click.

Browser version: Google Chrome 85.0.4183.102

Upload screenshots below:
Screenshot 2020-10-08 092255

Hi @anon48419096, thanks for reaching out!

In order to copy the task name, you can click the name of the task in List view. If you right click on any other part of the task, a pop-up window will open giving you some options (mark complete, view details, etc). This is our right click menu. Is this what you are currently experiencing? It’ll be very helpful if you could share a screenshot showing what happen when you try to copy the task name.

Looking forward to your reply!

Thank you! I updated my original item with the screenshot. You can see it looks likt the older version.

Hi @anon48419096, thanks for getting back to me and sharing the screenshot!

I see you currently have access to the same options in the right click menu as I have:

If you select “Copy task link” and copy the link in a task description or comment, it will be automatically converted as a hyperlink and the task name will appear. You can also manually copy the task name only. Unfortunately we don’t have other option available to copy the task name.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Hi Emily! In the hyperlink you attached in your first link the drop down menu when you right click on a task is very different. It includes the option to “Copy Task Name” This is how my right click menu used to be but now seems to have reverted back to the older version. This was an important update when sending emails and copying this into another platform.

You are right, @anon48419096! Sorry for the confusion here! I just noticed the option in the Guide article. Let me investigate this further and I’ll get back to you as soon as I have more information.

Hi @anon48419096, our team confirmed the feature to copy task name from the right click menu was deprecated recently. Apologies for any inconvenience as I know this was a feature you used in your workflow! I’ll them them know your feedback as well so it can be considered in future updates. I’ve also created a task for our team in charge of the guide article to update the screenshot.

Let me know if you have any other question!