Return back sections to be added by adding ":"

subtasks
sections
keyboard

You recent change forces us to perform additional actions, just compare (on example of creating of subtasks):

Before:

1. Tab + S
  2. Enter name, add “:”, (now it’s a section)

After:

1. Tab + S
  2. Tab + R, enter name
  3. Return to the previous subtask with empty name
  4. Tab + Backspace

Annoying and time consuming. You won ability to use “:” in names, but it requires more time to handle that with hotkeys!

0 Likes

Welcome to the Forum @And and thanks for submitting your feedback.

This update is slowly being rolled out to all our users and is part of a broader “Section” update.

We have replaced the Tab + : shortcut with “Tab + N”, so creating a new section should only be two steps:

1. Tab + N
  2. Rename Section

Hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

0 Likes

"Tab+N" our new shortcut to create Sections
Section Update Improvements

2 steps in comparison with 1 step as previously. I see the idea behind this, but at least please give ability to convert tasks to sections. Otherwise it requires additional actions and additional time to be spent.
Also it works silly when you create subtasks, and especially sections in subtasks - see the workflow I outline above (if you think it may be simplified - let me know how)

Also there is no reason to append “:” to the end of section if “:” doesn’t matter currently

0 Likes

Understand having the “Add Section Button”
I liked just adding the colon to create a section because I could create it as I typed. The section would be created exactly where I typed the colon.
However, now the only option is to click the button or Tab+N, and the section is created about 4 lines down from where I wanted it…so then I have to delete the unwanted lines and move the section where I want it. This is very inconvenient.

Could you please make it so that I can create the section exactly where my cursor is at least? Otherwise please return the “:” to us?
Thank you!

0 Likes

I would really like this as well. For instance, if I create a project plan in Word, i can paste it in a get a project in asana. Without the “:”, it doesn’t work. You have to replace the sections manually.

0 Likes