Reporting visuals using portfolios display other projects that share tasks but aren't in the portfolio.

I will preface that I am not sure if this is a bug or if it needs to be a feature update. I am working on creating some report dashboards and want them to filter through the projects that I have added to specific portfolios. When I created the visual it is pulling in the projects I have in the portfolio correctly, but it is also showing the status of projects that are not in the portfolio but that have tasks that are linked between a project within the portfolio and ones that are not.

So for example, I have Portfolio A. Within this portfolio are Project #1 and Project #2. I want to create a visual showing the percentage of completion of all of my projects in Portfolio A. Project #1 shares two tasks with Project #3, which belongs to a different department. My visual is also showing the percentage of completion of Project #3 even though it is not in Portfolio A.

Hopefully, that makes sense. Would love any guidance and can move this post to a more appropriate place if it is deemed as a bug or something else.

Hi @anon8617217, thanks for reaching out to our Community!

Could you please provide me with a screenshot or some specific details on the parameters of your report so that I can look into this further?

Looking forward to hearing back you :slight_smile:

Of course! Here are the parameters I have set.

That last project showing up on the graph (in pink) is not a project from my department and is not in the portfolio I have set for the report to pull from. The only connection it has is that there are 2 tasks that it shares with a project that is in the portfolio.

Thanks, @anon8617217! When creating the chart, which option are you selecting from the below?
Screenshot 2021-07-16 at 13.26.13

@Rebecca_McGrath I am selecting the “Projects in a Portfolio” option.

Hey @Rebecca_McGrath, just following up on this topic. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi @anon8617217, thanks for following up!

In this case, I’d suggest reaching out to our Support Team with links to the Projects in question as they have access to additional tools that we don’t have here on the Community team to be able to look into this further for you.

You can contact them by following the steps below:

I hope this helps!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.