Repeated tasks appear on different day then set.

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
Added a few tasks that need to be repeated every 4 weeks on a monday, after completing the task it appeared on a Thursday. After marking as incomplete 2 days (Monday and Thursday) were selected instead of just 1 (Monday). First I thought it was an incident but it happened a few times but all the time.

Steps to reproduce: Not sure, repeats were created on a Thursday but set on a Monday, after completing the To Do (on a Monday) the item reappeared on the next Thursday instead of Monday in 4 weeks

Browser version: Firefox 68.0

Upload screenshots below:

Hi @Peter_van_den_Hooren, welcome to the Community Forum and I am sorry for the trouble!

In order to investigate this further, could you please confirm if you are setting your task to repeat weekly or periodically? If your tasks need to be repeated every 4 weeks on a Monday, your settings need to be the following:

In that case, it would be very helpful if you could also send me an screenshot and an example task URL and I’d be happy to investigate this further.

Looking for your reply!

1 Like

Hi Emily,

The task was set to repeat weekly as shown on your example. Unfortunately I don’t have a current task that shows the issue. What happened is that after completing the task, Thursday was set as well as the monday. The task was created on a Thurday but I’m quite sure that only the Monday was set. It happened on this task: Log in - Asana
However, I did already alter it by setting the task as incomplete, removing the mark at Thursday an completing the task again. This time it did renew the task on a monday in 4 weeks.

Thanks for confirming this information, @Peter_van_den_Hooren! I am happy to know the issue is now solved. Please do not hesitate to let us know if you experience the issue again, we’d be happy to investigate further.

Have a great day!