Reorder tasks in calendar

Still waiting on this feature. The To-Do list isn’t much use without it. I have 15+ items that I want to get to today, but if any are left I can do them tomorrow. But I need a way to sort the “must-do” tasks ahead of “nice-to-do” tasks.

2 Likes

When is this going to be available, its a shame that this is not working, asana is suposed to improve my workflow, not to make it slower than writing on a paper

1 Like

OK, i have found a way of manual fix this. Not thanks to asana that is not even answering to this post.
The order in calendar is a weird mix between the order you put them in calendar and the order of creation of the task, but as we all know it is very dificult to create all the tasks one after another and not introducing newer ones later.
The poor way to solve it is: When you have all the tasks in list in their correct order, you have to duplicate all of them one by one and following the right order. This way you are creating new ones chronologicaly right created.
Once this is done you have to erase older copies. Newer ones would stay in correct order when you put them in calendar.

Worse thing of that is that if you insert only one more task in the middle of the list you should do that again with all your tasks.

Thanks asana for doing my work so easy

1 Like

I would like to bump this thread back up. Really need this feature to happen. I don’t want to switch our software choice, but many of my PM’s are getting antsy.

2 Likes

It would be super helpful if we could click and drag tasks in the calendar view into a particular order on each day, rather then the tasks just be in the order in which they are created/assigned to that day. This would allow the calendar view to function almost like a day planner, but with all of the projects/dependencies/linked info that comes with it being in a project manager. Super helpful to a brain that likes linearity! :slight_smile:

Thank you!

1 Like

I second this. Right now it seems to organize only if you set a due time in order of completion, but it’s unrealistic to expect people to go in and reset those for every single task each time you move them when drag & drop is otherwise such an easy way to organize this view.

4 Likes

I back this as well! There seems to be a few different posts all asking for the same thing!

1 Like

Also voting for this! I live in calendar view, so having my tasks organized by priority would be ideal.

2 Likes

Absolutely agree! The calendar view is super helpful but we can’t use it as a planner if we can’t order the tasks :heart:

2 Likes

100% would love this feature. So surprised it’s been asked for such a long time and still not possible.

1 Like

I can’t believe it has been 2 years and Asana still hasn’t fixed this problem. This really needs to be a feature!

2 Likes

Hey Asana team… I am onboard with the people above. It is very annoying that you cant reorder the tasks in the calendar view.

1 Like

Hi Asana, has this been sorted. Its a real deal breaker not having a simple function to plan your day and move tasks around your calendar.

1 Like

+1 to this request, would be highly valuable, increase work planning and productivity.

Ticket has been open since 2017, have also reached out to customer support on LinkedIn and no answer to either.

For anyone who is still waiting for this to be fixed, the perfect fix is to switch from Asana to a different task manager. I recently switched to Trello (also free) which allows you to organize all tasks and has a much better UX overall. Thank you Asana for refusing to fix this, now I found a significantly better time management tool to use.

Do not support a product which doesn’t even allow you to perform basic functions and a business that refuses to care about their users.

2 Likes

It’s now 2021 and we could REALLY still use this feature, please!

Would really appreciate this functionality as well.

+1

Please? I cant believe how long users have been requesting this feature that still doesn’t exist.

Hi Asana team, any update on this request?