Recurring Tasks on certain day/week of month not the actual day

Just chiming in to say that I find it hard to believe that this feature still hasn’t been added. Other tools had this feature more than a decade ago.

1 Like

Also looking to “shout into the void” so that hopefully Asana adds this soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Really, this is such an important feature… please add it soon. A big part of my tasks won’t work without it.

1 Like

Just adding to the list of people who would like to see this feature added…

1 Like

This is the main reason our company has not switch to Asana

1 Like

Throwing my name into the list of people who really want this feature!

1 Like

I am also putting myself in here as someone who NEEDS this feature for a lot of the reporting tasks for our organization!

1 Like

Is there a way to repeat the tasks on working days ie weekdays, instead of calendar days?

1 Like

When setting up recurring tasks it would be great to have the option to set the task to recur “every 2nd Tuesday of the month.”

2 Likes

Hi Megan, merged your ask into the existing topic so that the votes are collated

Yes, you’ll click on the recur icon and then choose daily. Then check mark the days of the week you want it to reocurr on.

Feature is much needed

1 Like

I would like to upvote this feature being built out - need to be able to set dues dates for the 1st and 3rd Monday of every month and there is no good workaround for this.

4 Likes

Would really appreciate this feature. Seems like a no-brainer.

1 Like

This feature would be very useful. Need this ASAP

1 Like

Very surprised this has this many votes and it hasn’t been taken care of yet. Please add this ASAP!

2 Likes

+1 to all of the above!!

1 Like

+1 on this feature, it would be super helpful for us. We haven’t been able to figure out a workaround and are having to set recurring reminders to schedule recurring tasks…which is annoying.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

Thanks for sharing your feedback and all your use cases!

I’m thrilled to announce we’ve added a new feature that allows you to select a specific weekday for recurring tasks. Now, when you set a task to repeat monthly, you’ll see an option to choose which weekday it will occur on. This will make it even easier to stay organized and on top of your schedule! :tada:

We are gradually rolling out this update and it will be available to all customers soon!

Please let us know if you have any questions or feedback in our announcement → Set tasks to repeat on a certain day of the month 🔁

9 Likes