Receive new Asana comments in Slack channel

Same here, slack notification on task is needed. something trello integration can do and we expect asana should be able to do too.

+1 Having comment notifications for projects would be great in the slack integration

1 Like

More than 2 years of comments and nothing happened. I canā€™t understand how you let 2 years go by without developing this feature when a lot of users are asking for it. Itā€™s a must have for a lot of us. Even Trello has this feature.

I spent a lot of hours setting up the entire workspace. I canā€™t believe I canā€™t do verbose towards Slack. It really is outrageous. I canā€™t believe it. 100% frustratingā€¦

5 Likes

Another +1 from me, I was looking for this option only to find that it doesnā€™t exist.

1 Like

Any updates on this, itā€™s been over a year

1 Like

Hey, I am coming to this thread more than two years later, and still this does not work. I am very surprised.
Worse still, is that the zapier integration also does not work for this function. The zapier integration will not work to report comments for any task in a project, only for one specific selected task.
While my team enjoys the new features you roll out, those new features are not nearly as important to us as basics like this.
I really hope youā€™ll fix it soon, your paying users like us need this.

HI @Morgan_Giddings and thanks for sharing your feedback.

Iā€™m sorry this is something we havenā€™t prioritized yet, Iā€™ve just pinged the task I created a while back on this topic, hoping to spark this conversation again internally. I canā€™t promise when this will be prioritized, but Iā€™m keeping a close eye on the situation and Iā€™ll keep you posted here as soon as I have an update on my end!

2 Likes

This is so frustrating that comments are not pinged to people in asana. What is the point, now I have staff saying they never received my update to a task and its causing more time than me simply emailing, I will have to rethink the whole strategy for productivity now as this wonā€™t help, shame.

1 Like

Iā€™m trying to get my team set up but the fact that it doesnā€™t show task comments in Slack is kind of a deal breaker. Is there any update on this functionality yet?

1 Like

+1

The new Asana-Slack integration shows previews for tasks. There are a few actions you can take from the drop-down menu that appears in Slack. It would be great if starting a thread in Slack would add thread replies to that task in Asana.

As an example, the Google Drive-Slack app has this functionality. When someone comments on a Google Doc, youā€™re notified in Slack. If you reply to the thread in Slack, your reply shows up as a comment in the doc.

Screen Shot 2020-10-07 at 7.46.52 PM

3 Likes

Hi @Justine_D, thanks for sharing your feedback with us! We already have a thread in our #productfeedback category about this topic. Iā€™ve gone ahead and merged your post with Comments on tasks - Slack notifications to consolidate feedback. Weā€™ll make sure to update the main thread once we have any updates!

1 Like

Hi Emily. Thanks for merging these topics. I just want to clarify my request is different.

This thread seems to want to receive notifications for task replies in Slack.

Iā€™m asking if we can have comments in Slack pushed to the Asana card.

Iā€™m sure the functionality would rollout at the same time, but this isnā€™t exactly the same feature.

On every comment on Asana Task, Tag the person you want to be notified in Slack. @name of the person . It worked for us.

+1 @Emily_Roman @Marie Iā€™ll echo what everyone else has said, this renders the link very ineffective and creates more work. This is an absolute MUST have - letā€™s get it prioritized!

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback and report @dafky2000 weā€™re working on updating Slack + Asana ā€¢ Asana accordingly!

Hi everyone!

Iā€™m excited to announce that Rules can now connect to Slack, Microsoft Teams, and Jira! This means you can now create a Rule in your project to receive a notification in Slack when new comments are added to the tasks.

Find more information in our Asana Guide article: Using Rules in Asana | Product Guide ā€¢ Asana Product Guide, and please let us know is you have any questions or feedback!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.