Receive new Asana comments in Slack channel

As I can see nothing happend with this issue? Still slack canā€™t notify me when new comment appear in project?

2 Likes

Hi @Damian_Orzel and thanks for reaching out!

Thatā€™s correct, the Slack integration does not include a feature to notify you when new comments are added; weā€™re aware this is a popular request and will keep it in mind for when we start working on the newt update. I donā€™t have more info to share at the moment, but Iā€™ll make sure to keep you posted as soon as I do!

Hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

3 Likes

Same problem, voted.
Such a bummer to have lost this functionality with the new version.

3 Likes

It seems users canā€™t get Slack notifications when comments are made to the Asana tasks. This would be nice to have. Comments made to tasks are important, and how can we get notified for that?

1 Like

Hi @Gautam_Lakum and welcome to the Forum!

Youā€™re correct, as it stands Slack doesnā€™t notify you when a comment is added to a task although I can see how useful it would be! In fact, we already have a thread on this topic, so Iā€™ve gone ahead and merged your post with the existing #productfeedback thread, hope you donā€™t mind :slight_smile:

Hi Marie, as Iā€™m sure youā€™ve heard a hundred times already, removing the ability to have comment notifications in your linked slack channel pretty much defeats the purpose of linking a slack channel. (Its great I get a notification when a task is added, but if I still have to rely on email to know when comments are added, then Iā€™ve just created MORE work not LESS. Is there an ETA for getting this working? We have signed up for a premium account but are in the process of evaluating if we want to do the work to use Asana long term. If it is going to be a while before you re-instate this feature (or at least let people revert to the legacy app where it already worked) then we might have to move on to a product that is a little more mature. Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi @Richard_Varno! Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us in the Forum and so sorry for the inconvenience here. Unfortunately I donā€™t have any update on this topic at the moment but I donā€™t believe weā€™ve planned to make any changes in the near future. Iā€™ve updated the Team with your feedback and will keep you posted as soon as I have an update on my end!

We really want the ability for comments in asana to appear in slack channels, as has been discussed here:

We can add comments from Slack to the asana task just fine, so why canā€™t it work in the other direction?

Thanks

Yule

Hi @Yule_Guttenbeil and thank you so much for your feedback. In order to avoid duplicates in the Forum, Iā€™ve merged the new post you created with the existing one. Iā€™ve recently escalated this feedback for the team to consider in the future; I will update this thread as soon as I get an update on my end!

I also want to put my hand up and say I want the /asana link functionality to include notifications when Comments are added to linked project.

1 Like

One more vote: please allow new Asana task comments to automatically show in linked Slack channels. Otherwise, the whole integration seems rather useless (to usā€¦)

6 Likes

Hi Marie, Iā€™m sure youā€™ve heard this from many people, but wanted to add to the conversation. This has become extremely frustrating for our team and may push us to switch platforms. We have a lot of time invested in setting up projects, though the inability to get notifications for comments in slack is making this integration almost useless.

3 Likes

+1. Comments made in asana not showing in linked slack channels massively takes away from the potential efficiency of the slack/asana integration.

1 Like

When this is there, it would make sense to link the Asana - Slack accounts. Weā€™re missing this!

1 Like

Hey do you know if there is a way to customise the ā€œLinked Project Notificationsā€. I only want to be notified when a task is added. Thank you.

1 Like

Please add back the option to post task comments to a linked slack channel. This kinda defeats the purpose of the Slack integration; as we miss comment updates.

1 Like

Also need to bring back the option to post Asana comments to Slack for tasks you are following, and not just tasks you are assigned.

1 Like

The Slack integration is basically useless without this, and seems like a relatively quick fix that should have been resolved a long time ago.

2 Likes

Weā€™ve also noticed thisā€¦ We can then link channels to projects and keep track of everything our team is doing. Having comment notifications in slack is a MUST!

Please can you implement :pray:

3 Likes

So its been over two years and still no development on a feature they used to have? Iā€™m testing this for a large organization. Does anyone know of any other app or solution that will have a similar feature? Basically without this feature weā€™re not using Asana.

1 Like