Real time, two ways Calendar integration

I know I’ve said this somewhere, but I can’t believe that NEITHER this feature OR Recurring Tasks on certain day/week of month not the actual day have been done. I, personally, have never been on a team that didn’t use that way of setting up meetings at least somewhere. There’s no way to have Asana replace or integrate these tools because of the lack of native functionality provided by Asana or a native integration. As of today, the combined like count of both these threads would be 1,146, making it the third most requested feature. I know they’re different, but at a minimum one of them should be done, because neither just means there’s this gap in this all in one solution.

I think Asana has a lot of strong spots, and overall I like the app, but seriously, this is just gross. I don’t know a better way to say it. A good way to emphasis it though is a short point on when I was talking to a rep for Asana. I’ve used Asana for awhile in a couple different environments, and recently brought it to my new job. When I had a meeting with an Asana rep and a couple directors to talk about the product, they were selling and really going into different points. When they talked about the calendar view of Asana though, they basically just said “yeah it’s a calendar view, and we have integrations with other products like google calendar, but it’s pretty straightforward and there’s not much to talk about”, then without missing a beat moved on. Just knowing how weak a point this is for Asana, I had to bite my tongue not to bring it up to my own detriment. If someone knows the product, it’s obvious that even Asana is aware how weak they are in this area by the way they speak about it on a call like that. I just hope that they’re working on addressing this as much as it seems they’ve worked on talking points for it at discovery meetings like that…