Real time, two ways Calendar integration

Hi All, I’ve read this thread and I tried a few options but it’s 1-complicated 2- not sure if they work well.

I implemented Premium at my office, and I really need to sync a Google Calendar. Projects managers are creating events in Google Cal, and with Zapier I can pull the events back in Asana as a task.
But if they modify the date of the event in Google Cal, I can’t figure how to sync the modification to the task in Asana.

Someone can help ?

1 Like

We also tried Zapier and could not manage to sync updates.

Hey Everyone!
I’m with zzBots. We are currently working on an integration that syncs Asana and Google Calendar together. It will sync both new and updated tasks both ways.

Please fill out this form to get notified when the integration is ready, and to share any comments to help ensure we make it work for your needs: https://www.zzbots.com/form/Awfixu2Z3dGxKn4GA

Thanks,
Orin

4 Likes

It’s really a huge pain to don’t have the 2 ways sync calendar. As project managers we really need to monitor workload of each contributors.

3 Likes

Hi @Maggie_Reddi - I am trying to integrate google cal and asana vis project buddy and having issues. Could you please send me a note? Trying to get in touch with support but not having any luck! aemerson (at) netflixcontractors.com

1 Like

The integration we have been working on at zzBots is now finished.

You can fully 2 way sync between Asana and Google Calendar with zzBots.
It is near real time (syncs every 2 minutes). The sync works both ways for New and Updated tasks or events.

Here is a step by step walk through video of how to create this sync between Asana and Google Calendar:

Let me know if you need any help getting it set up.

Thanks,
Orin

3 Likes

To use zzBots for this sync, you can go to www.zzbots.com.

1 Like

We are working to make this sync as easy and convenient to set up as possible.
With zzBots, you can now create this same 2 way sync, but with 2 bots instead of 4.

Here is a new step by step walk through video of how to set it up:

3 Likes

Hi Audrey. Sorry, I’ve been MIA from the forums, but I believe you’ve already been working with folks on our team to get your calendar needs addressed. Let me know if there is anything I can do at this point.

For anyone else that needs assistance with calendar setup, please do let me know or sign up for a free trial and we will reach out to you as well.

1 Like

you are not responding to emails, is your company dead? it works only in one of 4 cases.

1 Like

FYI, although I enjoyed Asana, I quit this weekend because of this issue. I cannot believe something so simple could not be resolved in 2 years. I tried some workarounds like Zapier, but it was extremely buggy.

I moved over to Weekly Plan which has extremely user-friendly 2-way calendar integration and works like a charm.

1 Like

Same here. I went back to google calendar for may day to day work.

1 Like

Same here just signed up but this is a deal breaker, back to easier systems!

Blocked by Asana censorship.

Aidan, are you referring to weekplan dot net ?

It Works very well. Thanks for the solution.

1 Like

womp womp

Hi: followed the tutorial and it worked. Thanks a lot. :metal:

1 Like

Piling on. tap tap This is the Voice of the Customer speaking
Can you hear us?

I tried the sync, but it didn’t work. To be fair, instead of inputting the Workspace and Project Name, I input the Workspace and Assigned to (I wanted all my tasks, not just one project’s tasks to integrate).

zzbots is sending me this error on both bots: (on the Google “New Detailed Event”)

• You need to have writer access to this calendar.

I’m not sure where where I went wrong because I’m using my own Google account of course.

Any advice?

This most likely does not have to do with how you set up the bots. Even if the bots are set up correctly, it will require that you have writer access, or the ability to edit the Google Calendar you are syncing with. This will be a setting in Google Calendar.

You may want to double check your Google Calendar settings to make sure that you have full access to the calendar that you are syncing with.

I hope this helpful in answering your question. If you have any more questions, or need help setting anything up, feel free to chat us on our website or email us at support@zzbots.com.