I wanted to share a couple of simple sequences I use often that save me time when in List View (in My Tasks or a Project) where I spend most of my Asana time.
I often need to toggle between seeing:
- the full view of all tasks and columns (right Task Detail pane closed), and
- the same view but with the right Task Detail pane open
I used to do this with the mouse but it involves some mouse moves, clicks, extra time, and removes my hand from the keyboard.
The quicker way is this. With a task selected (highlighted in blue):
- Tab+Enter to open the right Task Detail pane
- Tab+Enter again or Esc to close the right Task Detail pane
Here’s one more common sequence I use–quickly adding a Task Description:
- Tab+Enter to open the right Task Detail pane (not needed if it’s already open)
- Tab+R and now type your Task Description
- Tab (I guess this is needed to escape from Description field)
- Esc to close the right Task Detail pane
That’s it! Written out it looks cumbersome, but once it’s in your muscle memory I think you’ll benefit from it.