Quick add task Firefox extension

I don’t know if it would be best to have a browser extension or simply a smart bookmarklet that people could download from asana.com that would let them do this.

It is a simple thing to provide that would add a lot of functionality.

Hi @Ali_Nabavi, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:

To ensure I understand your request correctly, could you please provide a little more context on “adding a webpage to Asana as a task”?

Looking forward to hearing back from you :slight_smile:

There is a chrome browser extension that exists already

1 Like

I use Firefox. :slight_smile:

Sure, Rebecca. :slight_smile: Thank you for your response.

Other similar services offer browser extensions that allow a user to add the current webpage to the service as a task. For example, the TickTick extension lets me click on a context menu item (or whatever, the developer’s choice) and click to add the current URL as a task in TickTick. Additionally, it opens up a window that lets me edit the task, so I can edit the name of the task, if necessary, change the priority, add it to a list/project, etc. I would be happy with just the first part, being able to save a webpage to Asana as a task.

Does that answer your question?

Well that’s your first issue.

Hi @Ali_Nabavi and everyone.

:tada:My team finally decided to just go ahead and build a free Firefox extension called EasyTasker for Asana (Firefox version)

UPDATE: No longer necessary to request access. Open for free public use!

Here’s some more info:

Hey @Bryan_TeamKickstart hope you are well. Love the new add-on for Firefox, I’ve been waiting for this!! Can you share your infosec policy before I download it please? Thanks :grinning:

1 Like

Hi @Cliodhna_Kirk : here’s the privacy policy: https://teamkickstart.com/easytasker-privacy-policy/

It’s a very simple app in terms of access and database (but with lots of functionality throughout your workday – create and access tasks from anywhere). 98-99% of functionality just happens in your browser, so we don’t have any need to retain anything else. The only data we gather are your first/last name and your email (based on the name & email in your asana account) for the purposes of signing in and greeting you.

great thank you so much!

1 Like

@Cliodhna_Kirk - please feel free to reach out at support@easytasker.io to let us know any feedback (or use the feedback link in the extension).

So glad it’ll be helpful!

Heyy Bryan, just installing the add-on however I cam across:

If you authorize ✅EasyTasker.io for Asana (easytasker.io) , you will give it permission to:

• Access your name and email address.
  • Access your tasks, projects, and workspaces.
  • Create and modify tasks, projects, and comments on your behalf.

Can you elaborate on the last point of commenting/modifying on your behalf?

Thanks

@Cliodhna_Kirk - great question. EasyTasker does not currently add any comments or modify anything in existing tasks.

Later this year, you will be able to comment on and modify existing tasks, but EasyTasker never creates, comments, or modifies anything automatically – it’s all based on user actions.

When it says “on your behalf”, it simply means that you take actions, like creating tasks, using EasyTasker, and EasyTasker will put those tasks in Asana for you.

Does that help? Let me know of any other questions.

It helps for sure - thanks a lot Bryan!!