Question about setting up projects

HI!
We are currently in the process of building out Asana for our consulting firm and we have a few questions. As a consulting firm, we have 20 plus clients that we work with. While the clients are all different, many of the tasks we complete for them are very similar, if not the same.

The question we have is this: Should each client be its own “project” in Asana? And then the tasks within that “project” consist of actionable items that need to be completed? Or should a project be a specific project we have for this client and then there is a team that manages that project? Hopefully I’m not making this too complicated.

We want to start building out this system but making it as effective as possible for our firm. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

1 Like

Since tasks are duplicative for each of the clients, I would create the projects based on the incoming work and add overarching milestones and tasks for each client. For example

Project - onboarding
Milestone- send email
Task - Michael Scott - due tomorrow
Task - Pam Beasley - due next month

That way you can house all the onboarding tasks in on place with different due dates. Assign one PM to the board so they’re an expert in completion. Create a tag for each of the clients, that way you can dashboard what tasks are remaining for each client.

There are a lot of different ways to set it up - but that’s what I would recommend.

Alternatively, if your clients have access to Asana - then you would want a project private to them. In which case you would need an onboarding task across 20 projects for each client in this example. Tag to onboarding so you can dashboard all the onboarding tasks in one place.

1 Like

Welcome @Tenley_Heleen,

You may want to consider project templates, along with these two more general references for working with clients in Asana and structuring workflows:

Thanks,

Larry

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.