Proofing for Designers

We’re having an issue where (vertically) large files - like a mockup of a website homepage - can’t be zoomed in on when proofing. The work around is to download the image so we can see the details, and then go back into Asana to add feedback. Are there plans to improve the usability (particularly zoom function) on images to be proofed?

1 Like

@rhapsody_emily, Until that’s offered, I found this really helpful:

It’s:

with over half a million users!

Larry

1 Like

If your team functions from a Mac you can use the pinch gesture on the trackpad to zoom in as you would on an iPhone.

I agree that improving proofing features would be a huge incentive to upgrade to Business. We started a trial after using Premium for a while and I was really hoping it would enhance our design/copy handoff workflow, but Asana proofing is quite cumbersome compared to what I imagined.

Marking up an image or PDF in Google Drive is much more effective, because you can highlight (draw a box around) a section and add a comment. The comment input box does NOT cover the image that you’re commenting on, and if the comment thread is continued, you can intuitively view it alongside the image or PDF being discussed.

In Asana proofing, the popup that you type into often covers the part of the image I was going to comment on, meaning I have to close and reopen the box or open another window if I want to view the image again. I also found it very un-intuitive that you can’t view the markups by hovering over the image when viewed in attachments; it seems like I can only view them as tasks? I was very surprised about these limitations.

Cleaning up the flow, even just reducing the number of views you have to go through to actually use proofing (as both a commenter and reviewer!), would make Asana a great tool for us to loop clients into.

4 Likes

This needs to more mimic tools such as InVision.

1. Need ability to comment or create a to-do
  2. Draw boxes and arrows
  3. Close editing with a note that this version is closed. Able to give link to newly uploaded version
1 Like