Projects privacy - Collaborating with clients

Hi everyone!

I have a question regarding privacy of projects.

I’m a designer and normally I use Asana to collaborate with clients so they can track the progress of the project. At the moment I have 1 project where I’ve invited this client and he has access to the board (this project is set to public cause otherwise he cannot access).

The problem is, I have to add another project for a different client so, if I set this project to public and I invite this client, would they both clients be able to see every project board? or just the ones they have been invited?

I want to keep each project private to the members (clients) I invite only.

I’m using the free version at the moment and I think I need premium to do that, maybe?

Thank you!

If you only add the clients as member of projects, they will only see their respective project. Don’t add them as team member because they will see everything.
It is always good to test it yourself with a personal email to see what a client sees.

Awesome! I tried this with another email and works great.

Thank you Bastien!

Hi @Ethan_G_Suero :wave:

Welcome to the forum! That is a great question.

@Bastien_Siebman has jumped in here with a very suitable solution. I am part of the Customer Success team here in Asana and that is usually the solution we recommend too. Nice one, Bastien! :slight_smile:

There is one other approach which we see from time to time. That is to create a ‘Team’ for each client you’re working with, then add your client to that Team. This would mean that your clients would be given access to their Team and the Projects inside, but not have access to the other Team’s Projects.

Let us know if you have any further questions from here!

Rory :sunglasses:

Thanks @Rory_Fitzpatrick you rock! Indeed a team per client is also a good call!

1 Like