Project overview and Project brief availability on mobile

Project overview and Project brief are currently not available on mobile. I would love to see this features implemented on mobile as well! If anything, it would be really nice to gain access to a Project Brief from mobile as we’ve already found this to be such a key resource when on the move!

14 Likes

Thanks for creating this request @LEGGO! We hope to have news about this feature soon, stay tune!

6 Likes

Thanks for your vote, @Emily_Roman! :ballot_box_with_check: Hehe

1 Like

My boss is a heavy mobile user (often, this is the only way he is accessing Asana…and while balancing a 9-month old in his other arm). Was pretty surprised when he told me he wrote a grant proposal via mobile. To say the least both he (and I) would appreciate this!

4 Likes

When i put links and image into the Overview tab on the desktop, it doesn’t look like these show on mobile? If yes, is there a workaround to getting project level pictures, PDFs, links, etc. Into the project on the iPhone App?

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us, @sales! As it stands, the project overview and project brief are not available on mobile. As a workaround, you can create a task at the top of your project as reference and attach files so other users can access them via the mobile app.

A better workaround for this is to add a link to the Project Brief in the overview text. This opens in the mobile app fine.

It isn’t possible to edit the brief in the mobile app, but at least you can view it.

Since it is possible to view the project brief, it shouldn’t be a huge ask to add it as a button or menu item in the mobile app.

6 Likes

I forgot to mention that the text from the project overview (but not all the features of the page) is available under About in the view drop down under the project name - it’s the last item if you scroll down.

5 Likes

I did not realise how much this feature is important until I had to take a call on the move and access asana from my iPad (insert the sound of game over).

I could not access the project brief. Instead I found an About option in the project tab and it takes you to a new page called description. Not surer what this is different from the web interface, it would be good to have them unified. Feature upvoted, thanks @LEGGO

4 Likes

Same here ! Really looking for that feature. I’m mostly working from my phone, and I need to add some screenshots to project ressources. That would make Asana PERFECT.

1 Like

I guess I am not the only one who wanted this!

1 Like

Any updates on this feature? We’re just getting started with Asana and it’s a bit shocking that the iOS app is missing key elements of a project. Our team uses iPads often and we need parity between the web and iOS apps. I also can’t find a way to launch the Asana web app on an iPad either.

1 Like

Maybe an obvious request, but I feel like it would be extremely helpful to have the overview tab for projects on mobile as well. A lot of important information goes there like the creative brief.

3 Likes

Hi @TheAlchemist, thanks for providing this feedback.

As it stands, the project overview tab is not available on mobile. We do have an existing request for this feature in the #mobile:androidios-feedback category so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with the existing one to consolidate feedback.

We hope to have news about this feature soon, stay tuned!

2 Likes

Hi everyone,

My company and i are using brief summary to give essentiel informations and documents to project teams.

When we use Apps Asana on iPhone, we cant find a way to access to this brief and documents. Is it planned on roadmap or already there but we dont know to use it?

Are you also waiting for this feature?
Thanks anyone for your reply

Best regards

1 Like

Hi @anon44715344, thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback :slight_smile: As there is already an existing request for this feature in the forum, I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with the existing one to consolidate feedback, I hope you don’t mind!

I’ll keep you posted and let you know if we have any updates :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey all,

I work with a combination of progress updates, links to files and other work environments. Sometimes a project brief is also added and needs updating by several members. Having the

Overview tab available on mobile would be a huge improvement for us.

Kind regards!

3 Likes

Yes, please! We need this! Currently, you cannot see any images posted to that section and, most importantly, you cannot see or access the Brief. We have a whole department in which team members only use mobile devices and work on their feet, and need to have constant access to information we place in the Brief and the images in the Overview of several projects that they work on simultaneously, and they can’t currently access that important information. Right now, our go-around is having them take turns leaving their station and going to a desktop computer placed in a corner just to look up that information, which is not sustainable.

3 Likes

We really need this feature to directly load images into the project brief from iphone. otherwise I have to send the images to my mac first, and then into asana. pretty time consuming.

2 Likes

Hi Asana!

It sounds like you already have a request to add the ability to view the Overview of Projects on phones. I’m just adding my voice here in saying how incredibly helpful it will be to have this option! Thank you so much!

2 Likes