Project Management: Deliverable Details

Hello!

I am trying to figure out a good way to do this, but I am relatively new to Asana and haven’t had an opportunity to explore as much as I like. Additionally, my company never had training for Asana, so I’m woefully behind on the curve. I’ve searched and searched and not seen anything that would do this, so…

This is my question (and it might be a matter of me knowing the appropriate terminology to seek help):

My company uses Google Sheets to collect details about a project deliverable. At times, it can be as granular as…say, an account name, or a domain that needs to be configured. The information just needs to be filled in, but it needs to be clickable to edit, and I don’t want it to be a form. This would be standardized and used in multiple scenarios where the list could hopefully be edited to accommodate the unique elements of the project.

Ultimately, this record would need to go to another team member or queue for the work to be reviewed and implemented.

Has anyone done this before?

An example of what I have in google sheets:

Thank you for any ideas that you might have.

Hello @anon84664209,

I would set this up with the help of custom fields.
You can have different types of fields such as text field, numeric field, single-select drop down, multi-select-drop-down, etc

With this you can store a lot of info and also filter based on that and create reports.

Maybe test it out and let us know how you go with it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much for the suggestion! It sounds like the best idea. It looks like I don’t have access to edit those fields – I think I would have to consult with management.

Yes correct it could be that somebody locked access in the project
More info on permissions here.