Project Details can be personalised, I didn't know that...

I may be late to the party but I just found this out…

It seems the colours and icons can be personalised or set for Everyone who sees the team…

How are you using this or like me didn’t you realise it was there…

Jason…

5 Likes

Yes it has been like this for a while indeed :slight_smile: completely forgot as well though ^^

2 Likes

Oh yeah! This option is very old. Even older, than a request in asana forums for custom hex colors, and that is more than five years old…

1 Like

I usually set the colors for everyone if the team is big and has a use for color organizing the projects in Asana. If not my preference is to use only 3 colors, each with meaning like landscaping project, construction project or in-office/office team projects.

the real winner is the icons for me. sounds silly at first but now having plenty of projects going, im glad we organized icons first. I use the bug for the projects that have to do with problems or error logging. An icon for onboarding or instructional projects and 3 icons matching the color of project type mentioned above. As a team, the simple organization using the two actually helped keep things streamlined.

That’s fantastic. I didn’t realise you could set them for the whole team!

1 Like

Yup! All these years of organizing my highlighters in color order at my desk finally paid off :slight_smile:

In all seriousness though, if the team ever decides to change their mind, and want coordinated colors/icons or not. You can always update it just like you would edit the project details.

1 Like

I use the colors to represent the different states (physical location) that project is located in. So for example I can quickly identify all my Colorado projects or Texas projects, etc. based on color.

1 Like