More colors to assign to projects

Would LOVE to be able to choose more than the 16 colors currently available. They are a little too similar right now. Hopefully this is an easy one - thanks!

Jared

2 Likes

Hi - it has been about 4 months and want to see if this can gain any traction again. I’ve only added to the number of projects and desperately need more color variety/options.

Thank you!

4 Likes

Not sure why this hasn’t received more votes, but it’s been a long time since initially asking for it. I need it more than ever.

Any update?

Thank you!

Dear Asana Team 2020-01-24T08:00:00Z

We are running out of colors do you think in the near future will be possible to have more colorsimage beyond the existing 16 colors

Thank you!

2 Likes

More colors would be nice. We started using emojis in project/tag names to categorize in the meantime.

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us @EdgarArana and @Alex_Graniere.

I was able to find an existing thread regarding this topic so I’ve merged your posts with it to consolidate feedback. I hope it’s OK. Please don’t forget to upvote it!

Have a great week!

Can you link it? I can’t find it

Hi @Jared :wave:

The thread I was referring to is the one created by you :slight_smile: I’ve already merged the other thread with this one.

Have a great week!

this would be hugely beneficial, especially when using calender view! i would much prefer to have a colour wheel option to select from. it makes a big difference in the experience for me. i am using the free version but im wondering if it is only the same small group of colours available in all versions?

1 Like

Yes it is the same pallet for all versions

It’s been two years and I’m still limited to 16 colors, half of which look similar to the other half. We desperately need more colors. Any traction here?!?!?

1 Like

I also want to vote for MORE COLOURS PLEASE! :smiley: 16 colours is simply not enough. Would love to have more options or even personalised colours that we can customise ourselves.

1 Like

I would upvote this 100 times if I could! Would be amazing to have a custom color option

1 Like

Yes :+1:

I’ve only been using Asana for 3 months & I am already out of colors for projects! We have much more than 16 different projects going on. Hope this gets added soon. Does anyone have any ideas for how to get around this? I have individual projects linked to 1 project that shows everything going on - so I really depend on the colors to be able to tell which project each task corresponds to.

Welcome to the Asana Community Forum @Libby_Thomas :wave:

For projects we use colours, icons and emojis. We love emojis :slight_smile:

Here is an example:

Emojis asana projects 1
Emojis asana projects 2

How we structure it is mainly by:
Colours: we use colours to define what project groups something belongs to + some internal colour structure we defined
Emojis: we use emojis to define different categories such as marketing, design, customer support, paid marketing, etc (Like for example for anything related to reviews we use the star emoji, for any projects related to our blog we use the book emoji, etc).
Names: Obviously names are key also. Since we are working on tasks for various countries we have a specific naming structure in place such as EU-PROJECT NAME-Marketing for example

1 Like

Thanks for the idea!

1 Like

This is helpful. Thank you!

1 Like

More colors would be great. Even better, give us a color wheel so we can customize and have unlimited colors.

1 Like

We want more colors too please!