Private projects for contractors

Hello,

I use asana to assign tasks to my contract writers. Some of them want to create their own tasks within asana for their own to do list. Is there a way for them to do this without it showing up on the team task list or notifying me? Can they make their own tasks private to themselves?

That’s a great question, @Sarah_Kirkpatrick and there’s a few different options for this.

The first solution is to have them create the tasks from their My Tasks list within your workspace. Tasks created directly in My Tasks start out as private by default, and it’s a great place to manage private, personal to-dos. This is a good option if their tasks are related to your organization but are personal to them. You can see more about My Tasks here: How to Get Started With Asana My Tasks | Product Guide • Asana Product Guide

The next option would be for them to create private projects for their own tasks. This would be a good option if they have dozens of personal tasks related to your team’s work. You can see more about private projects here: Project permissions | Product guide • Asana Product Guide

The other option would be for your contract writers to set up their own workspaces to manage their tasks. This would be a good option if the to-do list they want to manage is completely separate from your work. You can see more information about workspaces here: Workspace basics | Product guide • Asana Product Guide

Do you think any of these options will work for your writers?

5 Likes

That is perfect!
Ill pass this on to them to decide. Thanks so much!

3 Likes