Prioritize and balance your workload

Share with your peers from the Academy’s Prioritize and balance your workload course!

What tactics do you have for managing work overload? What Asana features help you to identify and respond when you have too much on your plate?

1 Like

When i have a wok overload. I will do is let them know if i am not finish the in the deadline. I ask them to give me a few days or weeks it defend on the project.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing @Jomar_Praon! It’s great that you’ve found successful ways to defer your work when there is too much on your plate.

1 Like

@Maggie_Coffin, When I’m overloaded, I’ll ask for help, either through assigning tasks to others, or just being up front with my supervisors and reports. Perhaps you could find out other team members’ bandwith through Asana. It might just require some old fashioned work to get uncovered though.

1 Like

@Jonathan_Gaby I agree that transparency and communication are the best tactics when you’re feeling under water. Lots of customers use Advanced Search reports to quickly check their team’s bandwidth before reassigning work to others.

1 Like

Being honest with yourself and communicating clearly with others is key.

2 Likes

Absolutely @behaviorbabe! A great way to help others on your team be honest and communicate clearly with you about workload limits is a focus on asking questions. This article shares types of questions to ask to communicate more effectively.