Printing - or exporting the task list

I have a substantial list of tasks.
I would like to be able to print the list, but the list only prints to one page.
As a result, items are either left off the list, or I have to reduce the scale significantly to show all the items. Which means the text is really small.
I know I can export into excel and then re-sort the tasks, but would be nice to be able to print from the web browser to show all the colours and who the task is allocated to.
Have tried in both Chrome and internet explorer.

Welcome, @Aaron_Ticehurst,

For some other printing options, consider the popular

In addition to the above information, there are many Forum threads about Asana2Go that you can find searching here.

Disclaimer: I’m the creator.

Larry

1 Like

Hi @Aaron_Ticehurst, welcome to the Asana Community Forum and thanks for reporting this issue! Could you confirm if you are trying to export a project or an advanced search report? What option are you clicking to print the list? I just tried to print a List of tasks in my project and the file includes more than one page.

Please note the print feature currently doesn’t include the custom fields color and the same layout that you see in Asana. In this case, you can try using Asana2Go!

I hope this helps!

1 Like

Hi Emily
Thanks for the reply.
I am trying to print via my browser, to retain the colours and layout etc.

I have read a couple of the other forum posts regarding this topic. It would seem there are plenty of others asking for the ability to print their asana task list, while being able to retain the colours etc.
For now, I will resort to screenshotting sections of the task list one at a time. So Its manageable.
But if there is a feature request I have, this is it.
I did also look at Asana2Go. However, to export tasks, you have to select them first. And I have about 300 tasks that I don’t really want to have to select all at once prior to export.
Cheers

2 Likes

Thanks for getting back to me, @Aaron_Ticehurst! You are right, as it stands, it’s currently not possible to print a project list and include all the colors and layout. As you mentioned, the best workaround is to take a screenshot of the List view of your project.

Thanks for your feedback and let me know if you have any other questions!

Please could you make the List view of exactly how you’ve chosen your Project view to be, to be exportable into a csv.? At the moment, the csv export exports EVERYTHING - subtasks, completed tasks etc. We only use Asana in a small team within a larger organisation and we have a HUGE need to export Asana tasks into csv. on a weekly basis. We need an easy way to export the List view as it appears on Asana.

@anon92243151,

I think this prior reply addresses your question:

Larry

Hi Larry,
Thank you, yes we’ve tried using Asana2Go but it squashes all custom fields into a single cell, which is a problem because we mainly use custom fields. Is there any chance you’ll be fixing this soon?
Many thanks,
Camilla

@anon92243151,

Asana2Go fully supports custom fields, but it’s important to recognize the “custom” part.

Asana2Go’s twenty-or-so free standard reports are intended for wide use, which means they can’t focus on custom fields because 1) everyone uses different custom fields, with different intents, etc., and 2) it would break for all those on the Asana Basic (free) plan. So the standard-provided reports do limited things with custom fields.

You can duplicate any existing report and add columns/values for whichever custom fields you’d like to see. This requires some basic HTML/CSS/template language knowledge most website maintainers have, or I’m available to create custom reports.

Thanks,

Larry

Hi Larry,
Yes I can understand this, thank you for explaining.
I’m talking to my IT team about if they can do the HTML workaround so we’ll see how it goes.
Many thanks,
Camilla

1 Like

Has this issue been solved?

Any update on this feature request?