Preview of an email uploaded like an attachment

Hello,

I think It would be great to have a preview of an email uploaded like an attachment (file “.msg”) in a task as it is the case for a pdf file.
For the moment, we have to download it to read its contains.

Alain

1 Like

Hi @Alain_Terranova, welcome to the Asana Community Forum! Can you confirm how are you uploaded the email? Are you using the Gmail add-on or Outlook add-on? :slight_smile:

Hi, I was going to request the same thing.
I currently use the Gmail add-on and it gives me the option to include attachments and the email. However the email only comes through as text and is not formatted. Also any images within the email aren’t attached. Also I am the only one that can click on the email link in the task to see the original email

1 Like

Hello Emily,

We use Outlook 2016 (Exchange On-Premise) so unfortunately I think, it doesn’t exist an Asana add-on available.
So I upload e-mails doing directly an drag & drop from my Outlook into Asana task webpage…

Alain

1 Like

Thank you for proposing this, @Alain_Terranova!
I have wanted the preview feature for .msg and .eml for a long time too.
They are basically text files, so I don’t think it’s very difficult to implement it.

@Emily_Roman, do you think we can make this topic a feature request in #productfeedback?

3 Likes

Love this suggestion. I often drag n drop emails as attachments in tasks as well (since our IT doesn’t allow for the Outlook add-ins). I don’t always need to download the file. A preview to reference the text is primarily what I need to assist with the completion of the task, a majority of the time. This would be a huge help! I support making this #productfeedback

2 Likes

Thanks @ShunS and @Jerod_Hillard! I’ve moved this thread to the #productfeedback category so we can upvote!

3 Likes