We have recently started utilizing portfolios to give our teams a high-level overview of our projects. Whilst I think portfolios is an excellent (and much needed) addition to Asana, I feel in it’s current format it doesn’t quite hit the mark. In my opinion, with a few minor tweaks, it could be very powerful - these are:
- Why must these be “On Track”, “At Risk” and “Off Track”? I would rather see “In Progress”, “On Hold”, “Waiting on Client” etc. Could these be made customizable to suit the user?
- We should be able to update the project status directly from the portfolio view. Currently you need to go three clicks deep and into a different window to update the status.
- We should be able to edit the default template for status updates. I don’t want to have four paragraphs to fill in or delete.
- This needs to be adjustable. Currently the project name takes up 2/3 of the screen and you’re left with 1/3 to jam everything else into.
- Can we either have this reflect dates of the tasks within the project or have the option to turn this off?
- Why are we limited to displaying only 5? I’d like to see this increased if possible.
Are any/all of these on the radar for future improvements?