Pause tasks when project on hold

I’d like to pause or put on hold my project because of Covid. I understand I can update the Project status to On HOLD (in the portfolio view) or archive the project, however, the tasks in the project still appear in my colleague’s My Tasks section. So my request is:

• Once the project is archived or with status “On Hold”, the tasks will be on hold and not appearing in the assignee’s My Tasks (or maybe moved to an On Hold section of My Tasks) so that people aren’t reminded about them anymore.
  • Can the On Hold status be updated directly within the project’s Overview instead of within Portfolio? It’s inconvenient to go to Portfolio, add the project just so that we can update the status to On Hold.
2 Likes

Hi @Lan_Nguyen, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:

Thanks for providing this feedback!

While this feature isn’t available right now, hopefully it’s something our Product team can implement in the future.

Regarding the project status, you can update this from the Overview tab of the project. :slight_smile:

+1!!! How do we vote up feature requests?!

Hello @Alexandra_Weirich welcome to the Asana Community :wave:

Make sure to vote on this thread. I have only seen one vote so either you or Lan might have forgotten to vote :wink:
Nevertheless the Asana team not only monitors how many votes a feedback request thread has but also how many views :slight_smile:
I have also found a similar thread you might be interesting upvoting: Establish A Pause Feature

2 Likes