Overview Layout as Project Default

Hello,
Iā€™d like to be able to save the Overview tab as the default view for a Project (as opposed to, for example, List or Timeline). This allows easy access to the executive summary, who the project collaborators are, relevant documents etc at the first point of entry to the project.

1 Like

Great request, thanks for your feedback @anon22809216! We are planning more updates for the Overview tab so Iā€™ll let you know if I know more information or if this is something we will implement in the future!

3 Likes

The Overview tab has checked many boxes for us. We are thrilled with this update. So much that weā€™d like it to be a default view / starting point for anyone entering a project. Our biggest hurdle with Asana is still on-boarding and familiarizing new team members to the Asana and the ways its being used for projects. By making the Overview tab the default layout for some projects I feel like it would help reduce the slope in this learning curve.

3 Likes

Interesting idea, Iā€™ll upvote.

1 Like

Interesting idea on the Overview tab but Emily_Roman I need support on My Tasks and cannot find a way to talk to live person via chat or on the phone at Asana. I have serious issues with Asana for which I have sent in feedback which has not been responded to. Using this forum as my last resort to fix these issues. Thank you in advance.

I would also love to see this feature. We love the overview, in fact weā€™d like to see this expanded - but in the meantime, just being able to default to it would be great.

1 Like

We also would really like to be able to have the Overview be able to serve as the default. We have a number of work request/feature request projects and would like to be able to use the Overview to describe the functions of each of the different projects before people use the wrong one to submit a request. It also would allow us to put the Key Resources right up front where people can see them, allowing them to enhance the clarity of their requests.

This update would be amazing for us. We are working to make Asana the primary hub for all information concerning our staff and having the Overview as project default for some projects would be game changing.

Howdy, gang.

I tried this out tonight as I was going through my teams status updates and wished ā€œList Viewā€ wouldnā€™t be the default, it would save me a few clicks. Hereā€™s what I did.

Go to overview > then click the project widget > select ā€œsave layout as defaultā€ and then I closed and reopened and it worked great. Hopefully that solves this problem, if not, let me know :slight_smile:

@anon69881464 I had no idea you could have the overview as default! Thanks for sharing.

Hi,

Is there a way to set the default layout view of a project to the ā€œOverviewā€ tab?

Assuming the answer to my question is no, is there any intention to enable this in the near future?
I know I can hyperlink to the overview tab, but this is only a partial solution.

In some cases, especially at the beginning of a collaborative project, you need members to land at the overview page before diving in to the tasks. At my company I find this to be the case more often than most would assume. A lot of information is stored on this page, and gets missed by members simply because they are not acclimated to using the page, therefore unaware of the Information it holds, thus creating a lineup of questioned/queries via email, slack or other platforms, of which the answer to is usually ā€œDid you check the overview tab?ā€

Does anyone else find themselves in this situation?

Thank you,
Itay

Hello @Itay_Kurgan,
since there was an existing feedback request thread about this topic I have merged your post. Donā€˜t forget upvoting :slight_smile:

1 Like

This actually works!
Thank you @anon69881464

@Andrea_Mayer , if this feature is actually available, why is this vote still running?
All asana needs to do is make this information available to the public. I couldnā€™t find anything about it when searching, not even this topic discussion popped up.

It does work, @Rebecca_McGrath you can close this thread!

2 Likes