Option to Turn Off Asana Inbox Notifications if Email Notifications Enabled or Reply to “Archive”

Some of my users opt for email notifications, which is crazy to me / defeats the purpose of living within the tool. Nevertheless, the most common complaint (aside from a lack of control of which exact types of notifications you get sent), is that after receiving the email you log into Asana and have the little dot for the same exact notifications, forcing the user to manually go through the same alerts and archive them within the Asana Inbox.

While you can reply to emailed task notifications with “completed” or “done” to make the task as completed in Asana, there is no way to reply with the word “Archive” - that would be my recommendation - and would resolve any need to have a separate setting to disable Asana Inbox notifications.

Hi @Ben_Brenner and thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback and to let us know how useful it would be for your team.

While I can’t promise if or when this will be implemented, I will make sure to keep you in the loop as soon as I get an update about it!

In the meantime, if your colleagues don’t use the Inbox notification at all, they fastest way could be to archive all of their stories at once, using the Archive All button on the left. See screenshot attached.

Have a great day!

1 Like

Hi @Natalia, thanks for the response.

They do use the ‘Archive All’ functionality, but I think there is concern they might miss something in email notifications when reviewing those.

In general, I think greater overall control over the type of notifications received (and where they are received) would probably alleviate a lot of the concerns here.

2 Likes