Now forced to sign in with Microsoft Account upon login

New behavior today: after entering my Asana credentials I’m redirected and forced to enter Microsoft Account information. (I cannot login to Asana without it)

I use Asana for both personal and work. I have both my personal and work emails associated with my Asana account. A few months ago my company created an organization. Since my work email was already associated with Asana, the Organization appears along with my workspaces.

Perhaps the admin of our Asana organization created some connector (e.g. to Microsoft Teams) that requires Microsoft Account authentication? Seems harsh to require it or be prevented from logging in altogether.

You should contact support I believe. Go to Asana Support - Help Center • Asana, into “Having Trouble With” and then below you will find a “Still can’t find an answer” button.

Bastien
Asana consultant, author and developer

Agreed with @timosborn

Many other systems out there such as Wrike, Clarizen, Jira or Confluence etc… are offering Login with Microsoft Account. We might soon want to migrate to Microsoft office 365 cos G-suite doesn’t offer a good Chat and File Sharing platform as good as Teams and SharePoint.

Now we realized that we Asana doesn’t offer Sign in with Microsoft Account so we are not sure how to deal with it.

Is there a work around for our Microsoft account to login to Asana without using password and email Asana support?