Hi Asana Community!
I’m Vicky Phan from Asana’s Product Marketing team, and I’m excited to share that our highly anticipated Asana for Jira Cloud Data Sync integration is now live!
This enhancement to our existing Jira Cloud integration will now provide an immediate two-way sync between Asana and Jira, ensuring timely visibility into project statuses and greater efficiency across cross-functional teams.
Using this integration, technical and non-technical teams can align and collaborate more effectively between tools, increasing process efficiency and improving strategic planning across their organization. Your team can add the Jira integration to their Asana project, connect the corresponding Jira project, and identify the direction in which they want Asana task/Jira issue data and associated field data to sync. Data can go from Asana→Jira, Jira→Asana, or both at the same time within a project, providing immediate updates to the right collaborators and stakeholders.
Once the Jira progress data is in Asana, it’s also accessible using Asana’s native reporting and automation tools, allowing you to analyze and take action on critical business insights from within Asana.
For example, with Asana for Jira Cloud Data Sync you can:
- Connect Marketing teams using Asana to plan product launches with Engineering teams using Jira to track and execute development work
- Increase visibility between customer-facing teams using Asana to log feature requests, and internal technical teams using Jira to document roadmap progress
- Enable Business Operations teams to track and measure holistic work data from across technical and non-technical organizations, by using Jira data in Asana’s native reporting
How do I get started?
To connect your Asana project to a Jira project:
- Navigate to the specific Asana project where you’d like to add the integration
- Click Customize in the top-right corner, and navigate to Apps
- Select Jira Cloud and click Add to project
- Click Connect to Jira Cloud and authorize your Jira account
- Sign in with your Jira account and click Allow
- To attach Jira issues to tasks, open a task in the project and click Add Jira Issue
- To create rules with Jira Cloud, click Customize in the top-right corner, and navigate to Rules
To configure the data sync settings in the Data sync setting tab:
- Click Customize in the top-right corner of the Asana project that you’d like to add this setting to, and navigate to Apps
- Select Jira Cloud, and navigate to the Data sync setting tab
- Select the Jira project to sync with
- Choose the task sync direction
- Choose the field sync direction
- Select Save and close to activate the setting
For more in-depth details about the set-up and usage of this integration, visit the Asana Guide.
As always, we are excited to hear your thoughts and feedback! What are some ways this integration will help your teams streamline processes, create visibility and alignment, and partner even better together?
Comment below and let us know how we can help you continue to drive teamwork and collaboration at your organization. Thanks!