Notified when a team creates a project?

Hi

I’m part of around 25 teams and part of the management overlooking all teams.
I would like to be able to be notified when a project is created in a team so that I can track it and add it to my reference project.

What I do today is that I from time to time scan all teams to see if a new project is created.
Is there an esier way to set this up? The best would of course to get a task link automaticly to my reference project.

Any ideas?

Much appreciated!
Finn

1 Like

I can’t think of anything… I thought about a custom search for projects you are not a member of, but that is not possible.

Bastien
Asana consultant, author and developer

1 Like

Hi @Finn_Stenberg

We have a similar situation where our team leader needs to be notified every time someone sets up a new development project. We solved this by requiring that everyone use the same template. We created the project, made our team leader a member, then saved it as as template. Every time someone creates a new project from that template, the team leader gets a notification and adds it to her dashboard.

In our case, that’s easier because everyone’s creating almost identical projects each time. If you’re dealing with multiple different projects in your case, you could just create a blank project, with you as a member, and save that as a template. Everyone would be able to customise it in their own way but you would always receive a notification to say that it had been created.

3 Likes

I use Zapier. I have it set up to email me when a new Team, Project, or user is created.

It’s 3 simple “zaps,” so it works under a free account.

When you are trying to stay on top of everything, it’s difficult when things are being created without you knowing about it, but you don’t want to impede users from creating what they need.

Would be better if Asana did it, instead of needing an outside tool. Add a request for notifications to the Product Feedback category and I’ll vote for it.

3 Likes

Hi, create a IFTTT recipe… There is a trigger when a new project is created.

2 Likes

Good idea, I will try that! Thanks!

Hum… IFTTT created project recipe does not work (Failed to validate error message)… :worried:

Hi @Vince_Mustachio surely on this page: https://zapier.com/help/what-asana-triggers-and-actions-are-supported/ they mean when something is added and not when you added something? Just wondering…

Yes, I’m almost certain that is what they mean.

I use the Zapier triggers for New Project, New Team, and New User, and whenever someone adds a Project, Team, or User, that I have access to, I get notified.

1 Like

Perfect, thanks

1 Like

I think this is the first time anyone has ever used the word perfect to describe anything I’ve done.

I’m taking the rest of the week off. :wink:

1 Like

Hi!

This has been working great until recently due to an error message from Zapier.

[The result is too large. You should use pagination (may require specifying a workspace)!]

Does anyone have a workaround for this? Zapier can’t help and recommends Asana taking ownership of the integration.

Otherwise, perhaps it’s better to request this functionality within Asana under Admin for example?

Hi!

I have now created a product feedback post on this.
Please vote! :slight_smile: