Notifications when task I assign to other are completed or edited

Hello,

I have an Asana project set up and have assigned numerous tasks to members of my team. I want to receive a notification whenever an assigned task is edited, commented on, or completed by a member of my team.

I have been trying to figure out how to do this but have been unsuccessful. Can someone please shed some light on this. I have to believe this functionality is available in Asana.

Thanks in advance,
Todd

Hi,

Do you receive any notifications at all, either by email or in the Asana Inbox? Completion triggers a notification, editing title or description does not though. Comments do send notifications. But you need to be a collaborator on the task (which you are if you are the one who assigned it).

2 Likes

Hello,

I have an Asana project set up and have assigned numerous tasks to members of my team. I want to receive a notification whenever an assigned task is edited, commented on, or completed by a member of my team.

I have been trying to figure out how to do this but have been unsuccessful. Can someone please shed some light on this. I have to believe this functionality is available in Asana.

Thanks in advance,
Todd

@Todd_Swint - those are essentially the notifications you’ll get, by default, if you are a task collaborator. When you create and delegate a task, you are added as a collaborator by default. Give it a shot and let me know if you have questions.

Hi Todd,

I believe I just read that exact same question, did you multi post with different accounts?

1 Like

Looks like this thread is a duplicate of Notifications when task I assign to other are completed or edited, so I’ve gone ahead and merged them!