Notifications when task I assign to other are completed or edited

Hello,

I have an Asana project set up and have assigned numerous tasks to members of my team. I want to receive a notification whenever an assigned task is edited, commented on, or completed by a member of my team.

I have been trying to figure out how to do this but have been unsuccessful. Can someone please shed some light on this. I have to believe this functionality is available in Asana.

Thanks in advance,
Todd

1 Like

Hi,

Do you receive any notifications at all, either by email or in the Asana Inbox? Completion triggers a notification, editing title or description does not though. Comments do send notifications. But you need to be a collaborator on the task (which you are if you are the one who assigned it).

2 Likes

Hello,

I have an Asana project set up and have assigned numerous tasks to members of my team. I want to receive a notification whenever an assigned task is edited, commented on, or completed by a member of my team.

I have been trying to figure out how to do this but have been unsuccessful. Can someone please shed some light on this. I have to believe this functionality is available in Asana.

Thanks in advance,
Todd

@anon54233283 - those are essentially the notifications you’ll get, by default, if you are a task collaborator. When you create and delegate a task, you are added as a collaborator by default. Give it a shot and let me know if you have questions.

Hi Todd,

I believe I just read that exact same question, did you multi post with different accounts?

1 Like

Looks like this thread is a duplicate of Notifications when task I assign to other are completed or edited, so I’ve gone ahead and merged them!