Notification for deleted tasks?

Is there a way to be notified if a task is deleted? Now I have a custom report to show me tasks I have created and assigned to other which have been deleted, but I would like to receive notifications once the task is deleted.

Thanks,

5 Likes

Great question, @Eric_Allen. There’s no way to get a notification for this today, but we’ll capture this for the team as feedback for future work on notifications.

I’m going to move over to Product Feedback to capture this request. Thanks!

5 Likes

Me too I think ASANA needs a delete notification to task creator, task assigner etc…
I think also ASANA needs an improve in user management: now all users can do everything in a task, also if they are only guest.

It’s a big security bug.

Please ASANA, image I’m a SEO consultant and I creato 20 tasks for website fix and I assign them to web agency. What’s happened if web agency (who created a bad seo site…) delete the tasks?

9 Likes

I totally agree as well, I hope Asana do something about the Delete issue, any guest user can delete a task and no one will even know about it.

8 Likes

+1 for this feature. Asana MUST do something about security issues. My suggestion, keeping users’ activity logs for admin AND deleting notifications for all task collaborators will very much help.

6 Likes

Yes! Please give us a way to see tasks we’ve created that have been deleted. Our lives would be sooooo much easier!

5 Likes

Hi Asana Team,

I think this is immediately required! One of my team members deleted a task and no one got a notification. This results in quite some issues in the work flow.

Would be great if you’ll can deploy it asap.

Regards,
Akash

3 Likes

Also noticed this today. I can share a task across multiple projects in different teams, but if another user comes along and deletes it, even as the task assignee, I get no notification as all?

Also if a user deletes a task that is created by, assigned to or followed by others, maybe we could prompt the user so he can be aware of the action?

It feels too easy to accidentally delete stuff that was actually shared, and have a team lose an item without being aware of it.

5 Likes

+1 here as well. This would be HUGE!

1 Like

Someone in my company accidentally removed the name and deleted a task I’d made which was very important. I didn’t know about it for 2 weeks, and now we have a serious and sinister bug in our live product that we would have fixed because Asana didn’t notify me of the deletion. This feature is critical! Having critical tasks deleted can happen to anyone.

5 Likes

Someone from my company delete more then halfs important tasks and i didn’t know until today, when I remember some project and want to check how it’s going but didn’t find it. After that I understand what happens.
Its really very bad situation also because take times before realizing…
What i can do and how can be recovered?
Thanks!

4 Likes

Is there any update for this subject? This feature is really essential. Thanks.

5 Likes

This is still happening. I don’t want to use Asana any more because of it, but my company is still using it. Please make tasks not able to be deleted except by the creator, at least.

3 Likes

I agree! I suspect an employee deleted a required sub task from our template for projects because he didn’t agree with the task. I would like to be able to at the very least be able to see the history for who deleted it. Having a role with the ability to add but not delete would be optimal.

7 Likes

Another vote here. It’s a critical decision making factor for us in taking on Asana as our sole project management tool - at the moment, we only have a choice of enabling a ‘comment only’ approach - or ‘can edit’ which means that anyone across the business could accidentally delete anything.
An update on whether this is going to go ahead would be amazing please Asana :0)

3 Likes

the lack of this feature makes me hate Asana

1 Like

Another +1 - the task seems to hide in that person’s trashcan, too, so it can make everyone think they’re seeing things, since it can still be interacted with minimally via previous notifications. We had to track down the person most likely to have deleted it and ask them to rifle around. Most organisations will have higher turnover than here, so that’s a bit scary that a task could be locked in a place we can’t get to. : \ It should behave more like a closed item, where I can also unclose if it becomes an issue. --It should definitely at least mark who deleted it, just as with all other types of changes.

4 Likes

I have just started to use Asana. I like it very much, but there are some few things I noticed immediately. I have complain and have missed something I apologize.

I have now read this thread and the one on user permissions. I fully agree with what others have said. There must be an Access Control List in a program of this kind. It doesn’t have to be mandatory to use of course, but well controlled permissions is a MUST for most multi-team projects. It doesn’t have to sacrifice transparency at all. That is not the issue whatsoever. The issue is to be able to avoid costly mistakes and to share or not to share information to the right person.

A notification for deleted tasks, who did it and that it shows in the audit trail (non-deletable), is a must. It is not about transparency or not, but just to keep track of all tasks. Just read all user stories. To have no idea if a task has been changed or deleted is horrible practice. A good implementation is to have it as a feature, and let the few users who don’t need it turn it off. But for larger teams and projects, it is an absolute must.

2 Likes

How is this still not fixed? It happened again. This is horrible. Please remove the ability to delete tasks until it’s fixed, which should be within a week. It’s the biggest issue in Asana currently (even more than the tag button being hidden behind an extra click despite the need to tag every task).

2 Likes

Any updates here? Failing the ability to outright restrict deletion of tasks that you did not create, I’m not sure how to convince executive team that we can use the software across a mid-size organization when someone could maliciously delete tasks and no one would be made aware.

1 Like